Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Papa, any word on the possible dumping coming from France that we may get Thur/Fri ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Yes! Get in!

My office will be closing at 1pm today and not reopening until 4th January, due to heavy forecast snow! Extended Christmas break for Strings.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Yes! Get in!

My office will be closing at 1pm today and not reopening until 4th January, due to heavy forecast snow! Extended Christmas break for Strings.

...and where is your office?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
On the outskirts of Wolverhampton... sorry to disappoint.

I don't live in Wolverhampton, it's you that should be disappointed !!!!!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
There does appear to be a chance of some snow showers for Kent & East Sussex from tomorrow night once the winds start turning NE. Showers from the North Sea could penetrate (oo-er) well inland and could add a decent covering to affected areas.

However if the low pressure over France edges too close to the SE, then this could suppress any showers. Or if the low pressure is too far away then the winds won't be as strong to drive the showers inland.

It's best to check the forecast tomorrow morning before getting excited/Depressed!! Apparently the Met office have said forecasting tomorrows weather is the most difficult thing they've had to do for this cold spell!

I can see this coming down to nowcasting, i.e watching the radar and looking out the window.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Why is this buried on page 2 when BBC weather is saying East Sussex could be getting about 4 inches of snow tomorrow.
Papa, can you confirm, supposed to be going to Heathrow tomorrow and dont want to be caught out tomorrow afternoon on the return journey.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Dunno, there is a big flump of red and yellow on the rain radar heading up from France towards us

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Don't these things tend to rotate ? also there may be 'streamers' developing from NE.

Papa, where are you we need you !

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
The flump over France is a warm front that won't bring anything to us (in fact, we need it to stay well clear of us if we want snow). Look to the NE on the radar for stuff to come here (but it won't pick up until overnight tonight at the earliest).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here