Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
not sure if it's due to the rain easing off or we're getting an inflow of colder air, but the temp has dropped 0.4c in 15 mins here. Interesting.

Having checked outside option 1 can be discounted, still pouring down. I'd imagine the rain etc will will turn increasingly wintry from now on.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
On Saturday, between three in the morning and six in the evening, heavy snow did not stop falling in Oxford. The snow is two-feet deep here. What a difference one hundred miles seem to make.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I drove back from Brighton to Burgess Hill at about four, and there was sleet in Hollingbury, pissing rain at Patcham, and it's been snowing fairly consistently for the last hour or so in Burgess Hill. Cars and roads are already covered in a light dusting, mind you most of the (non main) roads were still covered from the last snowfall anyway so it won't make a lot of difference.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
3C 37F

Heavy Rain.

Not even sleet, not a flake of snow just constant heavy rain.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I am totally hacked off. If there's any snow going, Oxford always, without fail, gets dumped on.

Anyone who thinks that snow is lovely should come to Oxford and try getting around the city right now. It's an utter nightmare. We're up to our knees in the stuff, the roads are death traps, and the pavements are treacherous.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is far too warm in the Channel. Guernsey is 8C 46F. What will happen is we will get rain here until it stops and then it will fall to 0C 32F overnight and turn the whole place into sheet ice. We have been well and truely stitched up.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Looks like there is a fair bit of moisture coming up from the channel tonight. Could be that North Sussex and Kent will get a good dumping, but the coast will remain warmer and wet. However if the cloud clears then I predict an automobile version of dancing on ice in the morning.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Normally I like it warm and wet but not on this occassion.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any idea what the current surface wind direction is?

I don't have access to much data at present, i'm making the childrens' dinner.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No signs of it being anything other than Rain. Wet and miserable. I guess we are now the warmest place in the country and just about the only place without any lying snow now. No White Xmas for us then.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it is now 4C 39F here.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
sleeting US sleeting - You tell me? I guess it has to turn from rain to sleet at some point? Im way up on a hill, colder air? I don't know, im not a weatherman

Nor is Uncle Speilberg obviously

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here