Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Papa what is your view over the next few days ? I know it is unpredictable but for those of us travelling Friday what is your gut instinct ?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I'd be able to go, but it'd be a MAJOR pain in the arse, involving leaving work early, joining M25 rush houir traffic and it being a "dry run" as well.
Whereas a Boxing Day run involves someone else driving, tinnies on the way up, boozer, tinnies coming back, and no work to get back to for 9 days.

No brainer. All this snow can f*** RIGHT off sharpish as far as I'm concerned.

I would like a happy medium - main roads clear for travel but enough of the white stuff to keep the kids happy (and the big kid that is me)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would like a happy medium - main roads clear for travel but enough of the white stuff to keep the kids happy (and the big kid that is me)

Yes, but enough of the white stuff to keep kids happy is nearly ALWAYS going to be enough to get a match cancelled as well, on the old "streets and surrounding areas" elf' & safety brigade.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Papa what is your view over the next few days ? I know it is unpredictable but for those of us travelling Friday what is your gut instinct ?

I think the Met Office note that Lord B has posted sums it up pretty well - it's messy synoptically, and anything is possible. I'm travelling by train to Devon on Friday, so I'm hoping for it to be clear.

There is a signal for milder weather after Xmas, but there is not cross model agreement on this, and there are early signs of a return to cold weather thereafter (once again no agreement yet).

Wednesday looks potentially quite snowy, but there will be rain / sleet / reet / raint involved, as the upper air temps will be marginal at times.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
standing - about 6 ft!!! no, im right at the top of the hill. I think it not quite full on snow yet but nearly. The stuff thats left on the pavements and gardens are not melting anymore. Could be interesting in the morning!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Heavy Rain

3C 37F

Mile Oak is 2 miles away so I think he is telling Porkies.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Turning to snow here in HPP, certainly not falling like Rain/Sleet, it's too slow, not quite settling on bare ground however.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Turning to snow here in HPP, certainly not falling like Rain/Sleet, it's too slow, not quite settling on bare ground however.

Ok, so away from the coast there is a sign that it's turning more to the snow / sneet / sleet end of the range.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Proper snow for the last half hour in Tunbridge Wells. We had a very slight thaw midday, but got cold again by 3pm. Very little snow melt today and new snow laying on top and building up. Light but persistent.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
It was flumping it down North of Uckfield about an hour ago. As soon as you got past Lewes it was rain right till I reached the top of Brighton when it turned wintery again.

If the temp drops a few degrees in the next hour or two I guess Brighton might get another covering of wet snow.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How can it be pissing down in Southwick with Rain and snowing 2 miles away in Mile Oak ?.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
not sure if it's due to the rain easing off or we're getting an inflow of colder air, but the temp has dropped 0.4c in 15 mins here. Interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here