Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wow what a thaw. 9 inches of snow at 10 pm last night, nothing this morning. That has to be the quickest thaw of deep snow I have ever seen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
More snow and another cold snap is being forecast for next week up north.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why on earth did they call the game off so early? As i said yesterday morning, any number of us on here could have told them to wait until this morning. Really really idiotic.

D

Deleted member 2719

Why on earth did they call the game off so early? As i said yesterday morning, any number of us on here could have told them to wait until this morning. Really really idiotic.

I am sure they took the amount of water and the drainage rate of the pitch into consideration and maybe any frost already that was in the pitch.
Having said that to save egg on their face i would have had a 9.00am pitch inspection.

Perhaps our strongest team were not able to play sickness etc. The weather in Non league footie has always been a good excuse when only a weakened team could only be played.

Sep 1, 2010

Maybe, but i do feel sorry for the club in these situations, they are damned of they do and damned if they don't. I see it as an extra rest and gives Gus a chance to put some of his new ideas into place

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
You really are an angry man over this Papa! Cant we leave such comments to the other thread you are contributing to on the match being off subject, and leave this great thread to be just about snow.

Your aura/guru like status is crumbling before my eyes!

Back to the weather....Metcheck is predicting 9.1 mm of heavy snow between 9 and 12 tomorrow morning in Brighton:

1. That is a blizzard.
2. Metcheck is often not very reliable.

Any thoughts Papa?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Snow still covers the whole of the Heath. Only about an inch or two at most, and is wet mushy snow.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You really are an angry man over this Papa! Cant we leave such comments to the other thread you are contributing to on the match being off subject, and leave this great thread to be just about snow.

Your aura/guru like status is crumbling before my eyes!

Back to the weather....Metcheck is predicting 9.1 mm of heavy snow between 9 and 12 tomorrow morning in Brighton:

1. That is a blizzard.
2. Metcheck is often not very reliable.

Any thoughts Papa?

Sorry, i didn't mean to come over as angry, and i do symapthise with the club on this.

Back to the weather, i've not looked at the latest model output yet, but on the bbc news this morning they were reporting that this cold weather is due to last until the new year!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Totally agree. The only conclusion therefore is that the club or more specifically Gus didn't want to play it. I can understand that with injuries and the chance that by the time the fixture is played we will have strengthened the squad with a transfer or two.

Shocking by the ref though that has allowed us to get away with it.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The latest MetO Update. They seem very confident that some really wintry weather sweeps in the week after next:.
UK Outlook for Thursday 9 Dec 2010 to Saturday 18 Dec 2010: It is likely to start mainly dry over much of the UK, however sleet and snow showers will continue to affect parts of the north and east. Some parts of the northwest and west may become cloudier and less cold with outbreaks of rain for a time on Friday and through the weekend. Elsewhere, it should remain mainly dry, with sunny spells and overnight frost and freezing fog patches, although still with a risk of snow showers for northern and eastern UK. Towards the end of the second week, there is a risk of it turning more unsettled with sleet and snow becoming more widespread, especially in northern and eastern parts. Temperatures will continue well below average with widespread overnight frosts and freezing fog patches where winds fall light.
Updated: 1152 on Sat 4 Dec 2010

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sounds good. What are the chances of a white Christmas, or is that too long range to be anything more scientific than an educated guess?

Can't say this far out, but the setup is looking favourable certainly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
After a positive weather forecast of thawing conditions I went to a funeral today up country lanes around Wenlock Edge - getting there the conditions were awful and had to walk the last mile because my front wheel drive couldn't get enough bite through the hills. On the way back it was like visiting another country with almost no snow or ice! Just shows how tricky it is to judge and with Colchester leaving yesterday afternoon and wanting an early decision it was inevitable the game would be off. Tough to complain after the event IMO.................... More snow forecast for the midlands so not much let-up over the next week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here