Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2024-25 Season]

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Gatwick Airport is open

Gatwick Airport is open, however, passengers should expect delays and cancellations as it is likely to take a few days before flight schedules return to normal.
Our advice to passengers remains - do not travel to the airport without first checking with your airline to make sure that your flight is departing.
Train services to and from the airport continue to be limited, however bus services are also available. Please plan your journey to the airport carefully and allow extra time for both road and rail journeys.
Follow us on Twitter for the latest updates.
http://www.gatwickairport.com/

Yeah read that.
From Metcheck it would appear its light snow from 9pm-12pm tonight, then a heavy snow shower at midnight, and minus temperatures until very early tomorrow morning. Seeing as its one of the first flights out too, its not looking good. Just wondered if anyone in the area could actually inform me it is snowing.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Meteorologists out there? have just had a look at the map that seems to be followed a lot on here Will it Rain Today? | Rain radar for the UK | Going to rain? | Meteogroup
and was wondering if the weather thats currently showing in the West Country is heading this way, as it seems to be according to the map. I really am a bit of a numpty with these charts, so forgive my ignorance

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Wind has changed from Northerly to South-westerly in the last hour at Shoreham, and the temperature has gone form -7.5 to +3.5 (which is impressive). That stuff to the west will get to Sussex, but well be rain.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Still freezing cold in the Heath.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's like The Day After Tomorrow, only in reverse. Will we all boil?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Yeah read that.
From Metcheck it would appear its light snow from 9pm-12pm tonight, then a heavy snow shower at midnight, and minus temperatures until very early tomorrow morning. Seeing as its one of the first flights out too, its not looking good. Just wondered if anyone in the area could actually inform me it is snowing.

I'm about a mile south of Gatwick, and theres no snow at them moment, or rain for that matter.

In fact, I can see the lights of a plane as its about to land.

Hope that helps.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Raining fairly heavily in Burgess Hill now :(

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
rain chucking it down here in Littlehampton. Still bloody cold though.Must be the wind factor

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here