Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

* * * The Ashes - Official Thread * * *

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Enough about all that, more important have you bought your Baker's Delight mince pies yet?
Bought 4 boxes today and asked the Mrs to hide them from me till Friday!
Indeed we have and you were not wrong there, very nice indeed, didn't last long at all
:xmas:

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
i have bought a stuffed duck from the continental butchers in Bulwer Street , North Perth.........he is in the outside fridge and has been named kevin......he'll be going in the oven at 8 a.m on crimbo morning when the tribe and i shall descend upon mullaloo beach for our traditional crimbo morning swim.
noice, that butcher's (Torros I think?), go past it on the bus every day, is a ripper of a shop....

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
the Aussies are all telling me Anderson has a side strain, I hope they are "pulling the piss"....

All I'd do, if eveyone's fit, is swap Bell and Collingwood in the order and leave it there.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Hello from Sunny Melbourne! :wave:

Everyone out here is playing down Andersons side strain and Punters broken pinkie.

Also the convicts are in a tizz about the pitch (Drop-in, as are all the MCG ones due to AFL use of the stadium the rest of the year) and cant decide whether to drop a seamer and pick Beer. If they do then I'll bet Swann will get more from it than Beer.

Michael Bevan (remember him?) on the TV this morning says a nailed on draw - we shall see!

Last edited:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
@VaughanCricket Michael Vaughan
Good news all England fans.. The pitch has plenty of bare patches.. A little grass.. But it will spin.. Get ready swann...

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I've got a feeling Swann is gonna be busy, Jimmys side strain might rear up again so Strauss might be tempted to rest him for longer periods and only bring him out when really needed.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Two spinners unlikely I think. Monty is not a good enough bat to weaken the order and we need the quicks.
Colly is a useful change medium-pacer; if ONLY he could get his batting back together....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can someone explain what the time diff is for this test - what time does it start our time? The switch from 12 to 2 for the last test really annoyed me! Ta

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can someone explain what the time diff is for this test - what time does it start our time? The switch from 12 to 2 for the last test really annoyed me! Ta

It starts 0930 local time, 2330 Zulu.
Perth is only 8hrs ahead of us instead of 10 which is why it started later.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

That nearly gave me a ruddy heart attack - its 10.30 Local time (confirmed via MCG website) thank you!!!

Oh by the way Happy Christmas to all on North Stand Chat.

Currently sitting in a Melbourne Hotel with a glass of Aussie Shiraz 21.45 local time and with a ticket for MCG tomorrow & several mates to meet up with. :thumbsup:

Have been in shorts & T Shirt all day and had my first Christmas Lunch Prawn from the Barbie earlier today. Loads of work crap to be dealt with when I get back in the New Year, but at the moment I dont give a flying f*ck! :clap:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think it is due to start at 2330 - The 0200 start cocked up my sleeping patterns!

Thanks guys - that's the earliest test our time yet - YEY!!!!

And just to confirm it starts tonight our time...

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Play starts 1130gmt
the toss will be about 1100 i would imagine?

would think the aussies will want to bat first if they win the toss as if the wicket is going to spin later they might be able to take advantage bowling against us second

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
So the question is, I start work again at 0730, do I :
1. watch the first half hour or so then get a nice kip
2. get off to bed early and catch the last 90 mins
3. watch a couple of hours, have a bit of kip, watch the last couple of hours and be fooked for work ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Going to watch the morning session then off to bed for a few hours kip before a trip to Essex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here