HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They didnt, we gave them six of them

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
does anyone know where i can watch the highlights as dont have sky sports ? :[

ITV4 at 10.00

And anyone who thinks that it was a fix and England lost the match deliberately must have been smoking some very strong shit. The Ashes must be the cleanest sporting event in the world - I can't see anyone trying to fix that.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
ITV4 at 10.00

And anyone who thinks that it was a fix and England lost the match deliberately must have been smoking some very strong shit. The Ashes must be the cleanest sporting event in the world - I can't see anyone trying to fix that.

With all due respect mate you wern't there, I have been to countless matches and tests over the years and believe me this one stank of match fixing.
Another point, the weather here is shit today and a ball would not have been bowled, this was forecast back on Friday hence they only had to bat through the day to force a draw with 5 wickets in hand, some one must have seen the forecast and in fact by 2.00pm yesterday play would probably been called of for bad light.
Looked like they had a different agenda, the style of play and panic batting just didn't add up especially with the time factor involved.
Sorry mate can only say it as I see it and believe me this opinion was been loudly voiced by many a section of the crowd.
Couldn't have been more obvious, like a 'wig with a chin strap'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
W
Sorry mate can only say it as I see it and believe me this opinion was been loudly voiced by many a section of the crowd.

Exactly. A bunch of pissed supporters disappointed with the result :)

I've not heard anyone suggest a fix and I've just googled various combinations of Perth, WACA, test, match-fixing and bookmakers and there's not a single suggestion from any news source or blog that there's anything dodgy about it.

What's really sad about the Pakistan scandal is that it has cast a shadow over every game when someone loses. A loss was always on the cards here - Perth is England's worse test ground and Australia's best - so we should just move on to the next test, things will be different there.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
First I've heard of it and I've been watching every minute, albeit only there in person on Friday. I don't think it was a fix at all, I just think we couldn't handle Johnson on Friday and were chasing it thereafter.
Personally I think Australia thouroughly deserved to win and can't wait to watch the Boxing Day Test now.
Suggesting a fix sounds like sour grapes to me, always a nasty taste those....

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
If it was fixed Collingwood & Pietersen, would have to be good actors given how pissed off they were when they were out.

Also in the Adelaide test Australia's fielding (dropped catches)was reported as being pretty bad, where as at Perth they hardly missed any dismissal chances.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If it was fixed Collingwood & Pietersen, would have to be good actors given how pissed off they were when they were out.

Also in the Adelaide test Australia's fielding (dropped catches)was reported as being pretty bad, where as at Perth they hardly missed any dismissal chances.

Depends on how much is riding on it.???

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
First I've heard of it and I've been watching every minute, albeit only there in person on Friday. I don't think it was a fix at all, I just think we couldn't handle Johnson on Friday and were chasing it thereafter.
Personally I think Australia thouroughly deserved to win and can't wait to watch the Boxing Day Test now.
Suggesting a fix sounds like sour grapes to me, always a nasty taste those....

Enough about all that, more important have you bought your Baker's Delight mince pies yet?
Bought 4 boxes today and asked the Mrs to hide them from me till Friday!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Enough about all that, more important have you bought your Baker's Delight mince pies yet?
Bought 4 boxes today and asked the Mrs to hide them from me till Friday!

i have bought a stuffed duck from the continental butchers in Bulwer Street , North Perth.........he is in the outside fridge and has been named kevin......he'll be going in the oven at 8 a.m on crimbo morning when the tribe and i shall descend upon mullaloo beach for our traditional crimbo morning swim.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
i have bought a stuffed duck from the continental butchers in Bulwer Street , North Perth.........he is in the outside fridge and has been named kevin......he'll be going in the oven at 8 a.m on crimbo morning when the tribe and i shall descend upon mullaloo beach for our traditional crimbo morning swim.

The sharks are setting their oven timers ..............

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Bob Willis "Bells been left with the rats and mice further down the order" - what a **** that droning wanker is :angry:

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower

and Colly tried to get off strike the ball before he was dismissed

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
I would drop Collingwood and bring Shazad in.

It does put pressure on Shazad and Swann at 7 and 8, but Finn lacked control in this game and only 4 bowlers is always risky.

Rumours are Finn will be 'rested' (i.e. dropped) with perhaps Shazad coming in as he likes bowling to left-handers - a latest attempt to try and get Mikie Hussey out.

I would also drop Collingwood for Bresnan and put Bell up to Five. That wouldn't significantly weaken the batting (Colly has only scored 60 odd runs all series) and also give us an extra bowling option. The Aussies are hoping for a fast track again which will take Swann out of the equation so we need more than just three seamers to get 20 wickets.

IMO of course!!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Only changes i'd make is swap Bell for Colly in the order and Shahzad for Finn. He's been too expensive and a rest would do him good

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Only changes i'd make is swap Bell for Colly in the order and Shahzad for Finn. He's been too expensive and a rest would do him good

This:thumbsup:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
looking forward to the next test although probably wont see much of it due to heavy amounts of alcohol in the daytimes!

ignore Grummits thread is not OFFICIAL and its not got ASTERISKS :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here