Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Feel a bit sorry for Zoe. She ballsed it up this time, but more nous than most of them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Helen must be an absolutely overwhelming favourite to win, normally there are one or two other plausible candidates but apart from her, they're all total tools this year.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Helen must be an absolutely overwhelming favourite to win, normally there are one or two other plausible candidates but apart from her, they're all total tools this year.
Agreed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only other likeable one is Tom, and I just can't see him winning because he's too nice and a little bit mad professor.

Jim is shifty, Susan whiny and pathetic with a permanent goldfish expression, Melody an egotistical control freak, and that other one I can't even remember her name so she can't be contributing much.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was feeling sorry for her too, until I saw her hair and what she was wearing on Dara OBriens follow up show....YIKES!

It's good she's gone straight into meaningful employment though. Just a bit of a shame she didn't have time to change out of her stewardess uniform after her flight landed.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would like to see Karren Brady in the boardroom, trying to explain how West Ham failed so miserably in their task last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Melody..god who wud want to go into business with her....notice her sad face boardroom look..as sed b4 only one worthwhile contestant left ...Zoe seems to hav had a tuff roll of the dice health wise

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Would like to see Karren Brady in the boardroom, trying to explain how West Ham failed so miserably in their task last season.

Too right, she's lost any credibility as a good business operator. Although managing to hoodwink West Ham fans that moving to the Olympic stadium was a good idea was one of the great sales coups of all time.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Unlike other series, I don't think there are any outstanding candidates in this one. Helen is the best of a very flawed bunch.

There are so many bullshitters left in, the interviews are going to be hilarious. It could be Claude's greatest day.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Unlike other series, I don't think there are any outstanding candidates in this one. Helen is the best of a very flawed bunch.

There are so many bullshitters left in, the interviews are going to be hilarious. It could be Claude's greatest day.

The interview episode could be a classic. If Tom's in it, he'll bumble through it, Jim will bullshit to the hilt and Melody will get torn to shreds over her "prestigious" resume.

Melody's clearly being kept in for entertainment purposes as the pantomime villain - I'm sure Lord Sugar has seen more to her than he appears to be mentioning in the boardroom and that there'll be a week where she meets her comeuppance.

So yes, another week, another big winner in Helen. She's running out of tasks to completely balls up now, especially when all and sundry around her are so useless. It's going to take something like telling Lord Sugar he is a "Cockney Wanker" to stop her from winning this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sir Alan made the correct choice. There's nothing much Zoe got right in that task she PM'd.

As for Natasha I haven't seen rubbish go so deep into a competition since Wycombe got to the FA Cup semis a few years ago.

9 in a row for Helen. If she doesn't end up winning the comp will be a farce.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not only are the candidates nowhere near as good as last year (there were probably six or seven as good or better than Helen) it was also a lot funnier.

If you are in any doubt about that, just go and watch Stuart Baggs' efforts on Youtube, it's laugh-out-loud stuff.

This lot are a real poor man's selection, it's more like Big Brother than big business.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think Helen is that good to be honest, just one of the better ones of a terrible bunch. She has made a few good pitches but it's not about being a Sales person (although it was Jim's pitch that won it last night). I just don't think there's much to her.

Jim is still the strongest candidate and knows how to play the game.

The rest are there to make up numbers

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jim is still the strongest candidate and knows how to play the game.

You see, I don't think he is. His pitch last night was an absolute classic of marketing bullshit bingo. It was almost as though he was randomly chucking in all the words he thought would hit the target, and not actually linking them together into anything meaningful. They won because their product was better (at least for Asda's market), than the other team's, and because they actually worked out a target market rather than hopelessly aiming to please everyone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You see, I don't think he is. His pitch last night was an absolute classic of marketing bullshit bingo. It was almost as though he was randomly chucking in all the words he thought would hit the target, and not actually linking them together into anything meaningful. They won because their product was better (at least for Asda's market), than the other team's, and because they actually worked out a target market rather than hopelessly aiming to please everyone.

this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here