Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The reason the cheapo stellar digestive won was because it didn't do anything daring and if you're looking to sell to Asda then you don't walk in with anything provocative or introductory. You just polish a turd. I thought Helen had no belief or pleasure in selling such bland trash.
I think that Jim is still in with a chance and they're looking to disrupt more than wish to release him all for tv purposes.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I am personally delighted that Zoe got the boot. She had the most boring voice I think I've ever heard and she mainly used it to moan/bully teammates. Right decision for her to go: no orders from a task relevant to her area is an absolute disaster. As for the other girls:

Helen has to be the overwhelming favourite now, although it is possible she could have done a bit too well. She has won every task and has shown class in everything she has done e.g. saying she felt sorry for the losing team during the treat last night. The thing with Sugar is that he doesn't like class - he likes dickheads, which brings me nicely onto Melody. Melody is selfish, conrontational, arrogant and moody but also very capable. She clearly comes up with good ideas and - rightly or wrongly - assumes a central role in almost every task. She is a complete arse sometimes but she absolutely drives her point home every time, which is why she is my tip to be the eventual winner. Natasha talks like a till-operator at Tesco's and is frequently condescending towards those around her. She hasn't done that much thus far (dog advert aside) and I fully expect her to be found out sooner rather than later. Susan I think is better than she seems. She was told weeks ago to push her opinion a bit more as her logical conclusions are often ignored by others. The trouble is, she hasn't, and continues to be trampled on by the others. I think she will do well in life, but this process has come too early in her development.

And for the blokes:

Tom is clearly a great bloke and an able candidate in terms of creativity. However, as mentioned above, Sugar doesn't tend to go for the nice guys and I think Tom is slightly lacking in general business acumen. He may last a couple more weeks. Jim is definitely a dark horse. At first I really liked him but recently he has become less likable with his tactics and he will clearly to anything and everything to cover his arse (am I the only one who thinks he is capable of murder?) He is 3rd favourite behind Melody and Helen for me, and the sheer magnitude of his twattishness makes him seem ideal for Sugar. However, his bullshit chat will prove to be his downfall.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This series is different though. It's not an employee he's looking for, it's a business partner... and more to the point, a business partner with a business idea all spec'ed out and ready to run... and make money for Lord Sugar.

Tom clearly has something pretty worthwhile in his file called c:\inventions that will make money\Plan A.xls

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You see, I don't think he is. His pitch last night was an absolute classic of marketing bullshit bingo. It was almost as though he was randomly chucking in all the words he thought would hit the target, and not actually linking them together into anything meaningful. They won because their product was better (at least for Asda's market), than the other team's, and because they actually worked out a target market rather than hopelessly aiming to please everyone.

That's the thing with this gameshow, they aren't given limits on advertising budgets or anything so why not promise the earth and do whatever it takes to secure the order, it clearly worked!

The whole mantra about the product having to have a target audience was rather over egged in my opinion. Food products like Pringles and Jaffa Cakes for example are aimed at everyone and do very well. The pitch was what won the order and explained why they didn't get any orders from the previous 2 supermarkets.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Quite clearly keeping Melody in because he knows she will get RIPPED to pieces in the interview round, when all his mates get to read all her Dalai Lama and Nelson Mandela crap. And thus make great comedy TV.

Sadly we'll never find out. There are no interviews this series.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Zoe had to go as the most boring nasal tone of my life and a queen bitch although Melody is giving her a good run for her money.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can't believe they thought it was a good idea to do a school play at a professional pitch. Absolute insanity, but proves these jokers will leave their dignity at the door to try and get ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here