Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Tom saved his ass with his last speech, plus I think Sugar likes his enterprising streak.

Liked the evil look Melody just slipped Helen (?) when the others congratulated her for effectively winning the task :lolol:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
That was an AWESOME episode and I suddenly find myself strangely attracted to young Suzy.

Right decision in the end. I like it when episodes pan out the way I want them to

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Tom saved his ass with his last speech, plus I think Sugar likes his enterprising streak.

Liked the evil look Melody just slipped Helen (?) when the others congratulated her for effectively winning the task :lolol:

Well spotted Edna, THIS!

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The right person went tonight, think Lord Sugar may have been waiting quite a few weeks for Leon to return to the boardroom so he could get shot of him.

Helen was star of the show yet again, some pitch to La Redoute that was. She really can't seem to put a foot wrong.

Mind you, am I the only person who is starting to think that she's doing a little too well (if you can do such a thing) and that the series is being set up for her to completely capitulate over the second half of it?

Just as long as Melody doesn't win, she talks down to her team-mates like a stuck-up teenager and is completely devoid of person management skills. But then again, that may be exactly the kind of person Lord Sugar would go for. :facepalm:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Sell some razor blades...they could do with a good shave...and that's just the woman! Seriously what is it with this chin stubble...including Sugar...that went out with the Ark!

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Surely the broad who's won EVERY task to date is a shoe in to win now though, no?

As long as she dosn't mess up the interview rounds which I can't see, she's nailed on for the final. Sugar seems to like Melody a lot though although personally I find her arrogance off putting and that may be her downfall as she pisses people off. And despite his hestitancy last night, if he learns from that Tom remains a very strong candidate, he has good instinct, ideas and gets on with everyone.

A Helen v Tom final?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
The thing that I always find saddening about the Apprentice is that the likeable people always seem to get the boot. Helen has been superb throughout the series and has consistently managed not to wind up or upset people. This is proof that you don't necessarily have to be an absolute arse to succeed in business (although it does help). I didn't particularly agree with Sugar's reasoning for liking Melody, because trampling over people to reach your own individual goal will not always be a successful attitude. Everyone has to compromise and cooperate.

I think Tom's retention is merely a stay of execution, and he won't be around for long. When you look at how he behaves you can certainly see the hallmarks of an inventor and I think whilst Sugar respects his creativity, he possibly laments the slight lack of composure that sometimes comes with this. Leon was clearly a little bit immature and the process was probably too big a step for him. He did well in using one of the previous tasks for one of the magazine features last week, but apart from that he has been unconfident bordering on apathetic.

There is still quite a lot of deadwood in the group with few genuine candidates (you have to feel that the next time Jim is in the boardroom he will get the boot, owing to his performance last week...) As they are the strongest candidates, it will be interesting to see how the tactics employed by Melody and Helen will develop. So far, Melody has been very controlling in tasks, whilst Helen has made crucial interventions whilst being a bit more of a team player. Given that the end prize is more of an individual affair than in the past, I suspect Melody is the favourite.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Simon totally agree with yur sentiments ovr Melody..and i wud add fibbing to her attributes..her market research bit was a joke..clearly she turned her nose up at anything tht might appeal to the masses...thy all hated the teapot! Tom ..ooooh..y an earth did he not b more decisive ovr who was to pitch at La Redoute...sigh! The men this year have been hopeless.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Now Edna has gone I think Helen is a shoe in.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
So on what information have you based next years projected turn over for you're global company Melody , " oh market research a and gut feeling" , Ok so how many people did you survey Melody , "Oh 4, but none of them were related, by the way i run a global company you know " , Ok Melody thankyou , neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeext please .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. The right person was booted off - even Leon admitted this in "You're Fired".
2. Sir Alan seemed pissed off that Natasha was let off by Tom - "you can count yourself very lucky, young lady" - had it been her and Leon there might have been a double eviction.
3. Tom was right to pick Melody and Leon and showed some balls in confronting her about her poor judgement re the car seat. Unfortunately, he didn't stick to his instincts and choose the car seat; clearly there are doubts in Sir Alan;s mind about Tom.
4. I still rate the big 4 as Helen, Melody, Jim and Tom. Natasha will go as soon as Sir Alan has an opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here