The Apprentice series 7 starts tonight

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Haha classic!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm Ellie's lost a bit of weight. Do they tell them to change their appearance once the show starts, to avoid abuse?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sralan had the best line, to Vincent, talking about the dog food name: 'I suppose with your track record Winalot was not an option' :lolol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why does he fancy himself so much - He's a creepy pot faced paedo-tash twat.

He obviously doesn't have proper mates or they'd tell him to tone it down and shave that awful hair off his face.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Susan is a bit of a twat. Melody is also a twat. The rude black girl who's name escapes me, is a bigger twat.

Leon looks like a slightly deformed Alistair Cook.

That is all. Carry on.

This!! Been saying that he looks like a gurning Cook all night to the other half but it was wasted as she doesn't have a clue who Alistair Cook is!

Vincent really was a useless twat. The calibre of contestant actually seems quite poor this year. Normally at this stage you start to get an idea who the strong competitors/winners are likely to be but this time no one stands out all.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

Shifty89

Sep 29, 2007
Just finished watching it, classic line from Vincent, "the thing about Jim... I'm not up his arse...":lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
My thoughts:

1. 0 for 5 Vincent loses as Team Leader. He HAD to go.
2. Great opportunism by Sugar sacking 2 - Ellie by her own admission wasn't right for the part.
3. A lot of bluster about Jim. I think there are 3 or 4 people Sugar would readily see sacked before Jim and I think Sugar was giving him a warning that he's not invincible, as much for TV purposes to show the series isn't a one-man stroll in the park as anything else.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Strange one with Jim - up until this episode I thought he was the front runner but he did himself no favours in the Boardroom this time. Had he have admitted he made a mistake with the brand he might have fared better. However, it was all three of them that ignored the Vet who said don't do a brand targetted for all dogs.

Tom the Inventor is an unusual one - he has made some very good suggestions at times but they have all been negative, i.e. I don't think we should do that. He has yet to come up with anything positve or creative and I would like to see him as PM to see if he sinks or swims.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
3. A lot of bluster about Jim. I think there are 3 or 4 people Sugar would readily see sacked before Jim and I think Sugar was giving him a warning that he's not invincible, as much for TV purposes to show the series isn't a one-man stroll in the park as anything else.

That was my impression too. Jim has been the clear stand out candidate so far and I think the Producers would be concerned about it becoming a bit of a formality so perhaps got Sugar to give him more of a dressing down than he probably deserved to try and level the playing field up a bit and tarnish his "golden boy" status

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jim is starting to look like a bit of a chancer. The nature of the Apprentice is that anyone who's a blagger with gift of the gab can get through these tasks without actually being that good at anything. Jim talks a very good game to the others and is excellent at selling, that is 75% of the battle on this show.

The flip side to Jim is Ellie. I'm sure she's very good in the real world but in the tasks just didn't shout loud enough to bulldoze her opinions and was happy to do the background jobs, good for the team but Sugar doesn't like it.

Susan and the Black woman are both pretty useless. Susan is a stereotypical "little miss overachiever". Probably a very good academic she's managed to make herself a bit of cash in the real world, but put her in a team and she can't cope and throws her toys out the pram at the slightest bit of critisism.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
That "See Their Light" phrase of Glenn's doesn't make any sense - no wonder Lord Sugar looked so confused by it all.

Of those on the winning side last night, Zoe has really started to improve and Helen could well be the dark horse in this.

I think Michael Sheen was the best of his bad bunch last night, and yet again rightly expressed raised eyebrows about the product. Though as he's lost five tasks in a row now, surely he has to be on the winning side next week (I'd imagine as Project Manager) to avoid getting the boot.

As for Jim, I think Sugar is starting to develop a bit of a dislike for him, especially after he made that request to become the next Project Manager.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The difference in this series is that it's ultimately not a boss/apprentice outcome, it's a business partnership 50/50 outcome. Therefore, Sugar needs someone who can speak on the same level as Karen, Nick and himself and Jim has shown he can do that.

The unknown factor is the extent to which Sugar will follow his usual path of picking a pliable person he can mould in the usual "you're working for me" apprentice-style mould. It's possible Sugar already sussed Tom The Inventor's brain is a potential goldmine and in business terms he's the right option. I get the feeling Jim will go deep in the series - it's not often someone has talked themselves out of the final 3 twice - and with the right product behind him Jim could be awesome.

As for the rest of the field Glenn's "see their light" showed him up to be the illiterate goon he is, while the girls are much of a muchness and not a patch on Stella, Yasmina or Kate Walsh from the last 2 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here