The Apprentice - series 6 - 2010

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Ex Royal Marine done for fraud

15748891.jpg

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Apprentice-Star-Christopher-Farrell-On-Bail-Following-Arrest-Over-Suspected-Fraud/Article/201009415748870?lpos=UK_News_Second_Buisness_Article_Teaser_Region____5&lid=ARTICLE_15748870_Apprentice_Star_Christopher_Farrell_On_Bail_Following_Arrest_Over_Suspected_Fraud

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I know I'm in the minority here but I think Dan was unlucky. I would have fired Alex because:

1. In the real world Alex has just been sacked while Dan's made £2.5 million in the past.
2. Alex f***ed up the sausage ingredients and cost the team 1hr of lost time.
3. Alex did f*** all selling.
4. Dan had the balls to volunteer to lead a tough project through the night and all through the next day.
5. The boys would have won but for the fact the procurement guy didn't buy the meat at the £1.80 per kilo he was offered in the first place - the butcher upped it to £2.00 per kilo later.
6. Dan's profit margin per sausage was better than the girls. The girls took £860, spent £539, profit £321, but the boys took £593, spent £287, profit £306. That's a Gross Profit win of 52% to 38%, less capital required and less risk.
7. Dan's not as bad as the programme made out. He came across as a nice guy in the Dara O'Briann show afterwards.
Dan was unlucky to go because he actually nearly won the task. Personally I'm assuming the producers underplayed Alex's contribution because it made better TV. Ultimately, Lord Sugar said he nearly booted two of them off, and Alex was the one he wasn't referring to there, which says it all. Dan's management technique was awful and I don't think Sugar would have wanted that in his organisation.

Also worth noting that whilst Dan made £2.5m, he also lost it. He must have made some shit decisions to have done that.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
and also not sure it has been said already: 'unemployed head of communications', what

It's one thing being an unemployed plumber or similar- something that is a real trade or vocation. Anyone describing themselves as an unemployed head of communications is going to be very disappointed when they start job hunting in the real world.

Also, why does he always walk like he is carrying a pig under each arm?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I wonder if there are many jobs in which it's a good idea to go shopping for your managers bikini without their permission :lol:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Both products are aweful. The guy doing the presentation :laugh: . And the lads backslapping eachother for suggesting the girl be the model :laugh: what a bunch of prats.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the girls have made an utter cockup of this.

:thumbsup: Far too much bitching and no working in harmony

Zero orders all round, great !

Girls are in trouble

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
:lolol: :lolol:

Zero orders for the girls, although the boys (+ Stella) didn't do a heck of a lot better.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Here we go, total bitch fest coming up

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This Joanna girl is seriously annoying, hope she goes

This is priceless what a bunch of moaning idiots, totally out of order this bitch fest.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Nasty feeling big nose might get it but it should be Joanna

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here