Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On an entirely unrelated matter I watched 500 Days of Summer for the first time last night and absolutely LOVED it. Kudos on the recommendation, US.
That's exactly what I did last night too, great film. Although US didn't recommend it to me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Potentially a binfest, who was the OP ?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Never ceases to amaze me that trolls seem to think that it's "just a little bit of fun" As if it was a noble profession. It's nasty bulling. End of.......

Likewise I am constantly surprised that people think whatever they do on line won't come back on them in real life.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
If Mr. Bacon is confronting them charged up like Scarface on the old Bolivian marching powder then it should be cracking TV!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Potentially a binfest, who was the OP ?

I am sorry to disapoint you Peter as I know how much you love a binfest seeing as you start so many yourself but there is no binfest here. Move on.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
There is some truly horrible stuff that people put out there on the internet only because they are anonymous, or believe themselves to be. Fortunately, I think we've only ever seen a few nasty episodes on NSC - quite remarkable given the volume of posts and the level of feeling that football generates.

Every day I see a number of reported posts as well as direct emails about supposedly abusive posting on NSC - over the years it must run to tens and tens of thousands so I'm probably well placed to pass some commentary on the broad subject of internet abuse. Very possibly my biggest observation is how socially inadequate a large number of people are. They are unable to engage in debate as they take any sort of disagreement, nomatter how constructively presented, as a personal affront, and their skin is so thin that they see a direct insult where none exists.

These people really should not be using NSC, nor indeed large parts of the internet where people directly converse. I do also find myself wondering how they cope in everyday life away from their computer - are they in a near-constant state of Ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr at the 'abuse' they have to deal with?

says the man/woman who calls a section of the posters on here weirdos :rolleyes: :moo:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are some sick people out there.

They are going to trap a troll now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Make anonymous usernames illegal on all forums.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The clock is ticking, incoming:flounce:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are Troll Hunters as well!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
With regards to anonymity, there's also something to be said for keeping private information about yourself private especially if you claim to be the victim of sustained internet trolling. And ultimately, if it causes you so much pain then why are you still posting on here and still posting so much personal information about yourself?

This is the crux of the issue. On trollish forums about the only rule is forbidding the use or posting of PI(Private Information). So without going into greater detail is NSC going to be the kind of site that looks down on PI to accomadate a bit of trollish behaviour? Or a site where people can post freely and trolls are clamped down on?

Given this is a football forum where by definition most people live in a small area and know quite a few others then it is not an abstract medium(or very little) hence the latter should be the case.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here