Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Andrea Orlandi from Swansea' thread (merged)

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Orlandi, You came and you left without taking
And you leave me today! Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlandi.
You kissed me and stopped me from shakin
And i need you today, Orlandi

Oh Mandy was the first song I thought of as well for Orlandi!

I think the other words would need changing though, 'you leave me today' isn't right...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Is anyone else underwhelmed by this potential signing?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
So would I but the fact is that Barnes is certainly in Poyet's Dream XI - he must be one of the first names on the teamsheet - think CMS would be dropped before Barnes

With injuries, suspensions and fatigue over a long season I think everyone is going to getting quite a few games under their belts.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Reserving any judgement till I see him in the stripes. Seems like he has a fair amount of skill. On the face of it we have sold Noone for a lot more than we are paying for a 'better' player. He doesn't have a great injury record, but if we can resolve that we could have a 'gem' on our hands.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
A top guy, why not? Quick, technically TOP notch, consistent. I will take that over Noone, actually.

You've not even seen him play for us yet :facepalm:

We sell Noone who can't cross then bring in someone who isn't creative at all ??? Slightly disappointing. Just hope he does more than Noones done to be a good signing.

Dec 29, 2011

We sell Noone who can't cross then bring in someone who isn't creative at all ??? Slightly disappointing. Just hope he does more than Noones done to be a good signing.

isn't creative at all? Where did you get that from?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Having watched his highlight video I would say he fit's right in. Looks composed and more of a Vicente type than an out and out winger. If bringing him in means we cover for Noone and have the transfer fee to re-invest it looks like decent business.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Having watched his highlight video I would say he fit's right in. Looks composed and more of a Vicente type than an out and out winger. If bringing him in means we cover for Noone and have the transfer fee to re-invest it looks like decent business.

Was about to post similar thoughts - Orlandi looks a bit more versatile than Noone. Given his technical abilities I can see him covering for Vicente too and vice versa given they are both sick notes!

Although I am a bit sad to see Noone go we do already have two of the best wide men in the Championship plus Orlandi looks like he could cover for Buckley and KLL when they are both unavailable.

If Orlandi does sign that would appear to push Harley further down the pecking order too, or maybe he could be on his way out?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
"Michael Laudrup confirms Scott Sinclair to join Manchester City, Andrea Orlandi to Brighton and Fede Bessone to Swindon."

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

1)You are allowed to watch players play for other teams you know...

2)'You've not even seen him play for us yet :facepalm:'

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think you mean we're selling an average player to a Welsh club, but getting a good player from another!

In other words, we're dudding the Welsh!

Agreed, except for maybe saying we are selling a good player to a Wesh club and getting a better one from another.... Orlandi sounds potentially flair.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spanish Connection

Orlandi it is then if Noone can agree terms with Cardiff. Are we quids in? We need cover for Vicente when out injury crisis hits later on in the season. Send Sparrow on a season long loan.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Based on the fact that Gus has identified him as someone he wants in the squad, no.

Although I'm not sure you can be underwhelmed about something that hasn't happened yet. Maybe you are gearing yourself up for future underwhelmment!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not whelmed by it, but then it would just be someone cheap (less than Noone) to strengthen the squad, so no problem. We're not in a bad state for midfielders, we need to see what happens up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here