Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Andrea Orlandi from Swansea' thread (merged)

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Orlandi, Ob bla da, he scored one, Orlandi yes he scored one

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Going by the vid, he looks like a MASTER of the slide-rule pass.

My FAVOURITE kind of pass.

Yeah his vision is exceptional and also he seems to not mind working for them and chasing back tackling, i think this is the type of player that Poyet loves, someone good on the ball, can beat a man and seems to have the end product, also played at a higher level than Nooney so very happy with this bit of business when it goes through.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Genuine question. Can someone educate me about this fella?

Seems to have spent a large chunk of his career playing for Spanish B teams and apart from a season and a half under Martinez never really established himself at Swansea, and only scored a couple of goals in 50+ games. The fans seem delighted he might leave. Couple of failed trials with 2nd rate European teams.

Am I looking at the right bloke?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can he stay fit?

There's a serious BINFESTATION (thanks whoever that was earlier on) on the Swans board regarding whether or not they would drive him down here themselves.

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
Just dialed up a Swansea season ticket holder for the Bobby on Orlandi: "He's good. Classy but not brilliant. Like a slightly less good Jordi Gomez. Good Championship squad player, willing and eager to get the ball. You wouldn't want to rely on him solely to create chances and he's lightweight defensively."

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In amongst all this transfer speculation furore I'm feeling quite sad for Barnes, who is almost always excluded from our 'Dream XI'.

I think I'd feel worse about Barnes leaving than I do about Noone leaving.

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
He's played for Barcelona and his joint best attributes on football manager are flair, technique, dribbling, crossing, first touch, longs shots and passing :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In amongst all this transfer speculation furore I'm feeling quite sad for Barnes, who is almost always excluded from our 'Dream XI'.

I think I'd feel worse about Barnes leaving than I do about Noone leaving.

So would I but the fact is that Barnes is certainly in Poyet's Dream XI - he must be one of the first names on the teamsheet - think CMS would be dropped before Barnes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here