Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The album that was the soundtrack to your youth

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
It's not an album I've listened to for a while, but it's the first one that I can remember listening to on repeat, and repeat again. Big Country - The Crossing

Funnily enough went to see Big Country at Leamington Spa 2 weeks ago, you don't realise how many good tunes they turned out.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
It's not an album I've listened to for a while, but it's the first one that I can remember listening to on repeat, and repeat again. Big Country - The Crossing

I bought their new ultimate collection in asda last week for a fiver. I had forgotten just how great their early stuff is, Fields of Fire, In a Big Country, East of Eden etc. Real shame Stuart Adamson committed suicide, although their later stuff was inferior

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
you can't swap in wish you were here or your youth would be over a decade shurely...

Since when has any teenager been allowed to listen only to current music? Also listened to Neil Young, Bob Dylan, stones and jimi Hendrix. Still felt like the soundtrack of my youth, even if it was produced many years earlier.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Standing_cov.jpg

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Two please..both live albums
1) Kiss Alive I I

2) AC-DC If You Want Blood

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It was Slayer - Reign In Blood.

I remember being pretty unconvinced by What's The Story and Parklife/ The Great Escape and then had a brief gangster rap phase before being absolutely blown away by the intensity of what remains to these ears the best metal album of all time.

It still gets a deserving spin now and again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was into, and buying music, at a very young age but my youth was my rock and metal period. Difficult to name a single album as I listened to tons of stuff but Master of Puppets by Metallica stands out and it was exciting to follow a young new and game changing band from their early days up to the multi-platinum status.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Closer - Joy Division
Eight Legged Groove machine - The Wonderstuff
Doolittle - Pixies

Too young to have seen Joy Division Live. So always felt a bit of a plastic fan.
The Stuffies and Pixies however were all mine.

I went to the The 20th anniversary gigs for Doolitle and Groove Machine. Both were fantastic, the Wonderstuff was the most fun I have ever had at a gig. Loads of 40 something blokes jumping around like kids..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here