Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The album that was the soundtrack to your youth

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Closer - Joy Division
Eight Legged Groove machine - The Wonderstuff
Doolittle - Pixies

Too young to have seen Joy Division Live. So always felt a bit of a plastic fan.
The Stuffies and Pixies however were all mine.

I went to the The 20th anniversary gigs for Doolitle and Groove Machine. Both were fantastic, the Wonderstuff was the most fun I have ever had at a gig. Loads of 40 something blokes jumping around like kids..

We often have Miles doing solo shows at The Forum, here in TW, he's a genuinely nice guy these days. By all accounts, mainly his, he was a bit of a ******* in their heyday.

My personal choice is for All Mod Cons by The Jam, by the time I was 18 it was The Wedding Present's George Best.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We often have Miles doing solo shows at The Forum, here in TW, he's a genuinely nice guy these days. By all accounts, mainly his, he was a bit of a ******* in their heyday.

There was a definite change in his persona between Groove Machine and Never Loved Elvis. They'd lost me by that point, a big part of that was due to Miles' rock star attitude.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Jam. All Mod Cons.

Attachments

• allmodcons.jpg
    allmodcons.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 124

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Speak and Spell Depeche Mode

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So many to choose from difficult to choose 1
Albums played back then were Elton John, David Bowie, T Rex, Pink Floyd, Saturday Night Fever, Madness and other 2 Tone.
But if I had to choose 1 because tracks were played at youth club discos etc then it has to be Micheal Jackson Off The Wall, nervously learning to dance, first snogs and tit rubs outside the youth club, drinking cheap cider and throwing up. So much growing up in a short space of time.Happy days, great album and the reason why I have been into soul and dance music ever since.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
So pre-Uni days I would say:
New Boots and Panties - Dury
Not Fragile - Bachman Turner Overdrive
And the classic if you haven't pulled before it came on at the party then go home - Elton Johns Greatest Hits
Dark Side of the Moon
Sargent Peppers

Edit to add Led Zep 4

Soon after :
Born to Run
Darkness on the Edge of Town
The Pretender - Jackson Browne
Moondance - Van Morrison
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf

Bring back memories all of them - but can't pick one!

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
..... And then there was:

Show Some Emotion - Joan Armatrading
The first Dire Straits album
And earlier 10cc (by 10cc)
The Eagles Greatest Hits 71-75.

Real trip down memory lane!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
So pre-Uni days I would say:
New Boots and Panties - Dury
Not Fragile - Bachman Turner Overdrive
And the classic if you haven't pulled before it came on at the party then go home - Elton Johns Greatest Hits
Dark Side of the Moon
Sargent Peppers

Edit to add Led Zep 4

Soon after :
Born to Run
Darkness on the Edge of Town
The Pretender - Jackson Brown
Moondance - Van Morrison
Bat out of Hell - Meatloaf

Bring back memories all of them - but can't pick one!

The Pretender and Moondance were two of my top albums from that era :bowdown:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The Pretender and Moondance were two of my top albums from that era :bowdown:

And they made me buy - Running on Empty, then Late for the Sky, Saturate Before Using - loved them all
And a load of Van Morrison albums (loads of them) all enjoyable but none as good as Moondance until maybe Avalon Sunset which was also special

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It really depends on which part of my youth (I suspect it lasted a bit too long :) )

Probably mostly The Stone Roses as i have listened to it fairly consistently since I first heard it.

Some Friendly - The Charlatans
Pills N Thrills - Happy Mondays
Disintegration - The Cure
Nowhere - Ride

Would have to include plenty of dodgy hardcore tapes including Grooverider 8.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
And a load of Van Morrison albums (loads of them) all enjoyable but none as good as Moondance until maybe Avalon Sunset which was also special

Each to their own and all that but if you seriously think Avalon Sunset betters the likes of: Saint Dominis Preview, Veedon Fleece, Into the Music & No Guru then you may wish to check your medication matey...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here