Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The album that was the soundtrack to your youth

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Each to their own and all that but if you seriously think Avalon Sunset betters the likes of: Saint Dominis Preview, Veedon Fleece, Into the Music & No Guru then you may wish to check your medication matey...

Haven't got Veedon Fleece, like Into The Music, like st Dominic's preview, A period of Transition is Good, ....... Like loads of them, but yes I really like Avalon Sunset.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Verve - Urban Hymns
The Killers - Hot Fuss

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Haven't got Veedon Fleece, like Into The Music, like st Dominic's preview, A period of Transition is Good, ....... Like loads of them, but yes I really like Avalon Sunset.

If I could only have one Van album it would probably be Veedon Fleece. Not as accessible as Moondance or Avalon Sunset but well worth the effort. Here's Streets of Arklow as an appetiser

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Had been released years before, but only really got into it as I left school and started my first job

R-586882-1217078203.jpeg.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
And they made me buy - Running on Empty, then Late for the Sky, Saturate Before Using - loved them all
And a load of Van Morrison albums (loads of them) all enjoyable but none as good as Moondance until maybe Avalon Sunset which was also special

Avalon Sunset still stands out as one of his best albums. Saw him on that tour with Georgie Fame in the band and he was on great form.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
If I could only have one Van album it would probably be Veedon Fleece. Not as accessible as Moondance or Avalon Sunset but well worth the effort. Here's Streets of Arklow as an appetiser

Very nice - like those pan pipes. I will dig the album out and give it a go.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Architecture and Morality is one of those albums that definitely made an impact.
put it this way ,i dont think ive ever heard anyone ever say the album was pants

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Architecture and Morality is one of those albums that definitely made an impact.
put it this way ,i dont think ive ever heard anyone ever say the album was pants

"The nauseating bashfulness of early Diana makes me want to set fire to commemorative tea towels."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here