Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion transfers that never happened.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Mitrovic would score goals for us I think. We get down the flanks and get ball into the box a lot, we lack a bit of physicality and an instinctive finisher both of which he is. Whether he passes the no dickhead rule may be another matter...

Would that be the Mitrovic who has managed a mighty 2 goals in 18 appearances for Fulham this season or do you have someone else in mind?

The man has never really been that prolific - 23 goals in 95 appearances, or one every 4.21 games. Compare that to Neal Maupay who has 7 in 21 this season and overall has 17 in 58 appearances, or 1 in every 3.4 games. OK he's not Aguero but I'd rather have him than Mitrovic.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Would that be the Mitrovic who has managed a mighty 2 goals in 18 appearances for Fulham this season or do you have someone else in mind?

The man has never really been that prolific - 23 goals in 95 appearances, or one every 4.21 games. Compare that to Neal Maupay who has 7 in 21 this season and overall has 17 in 58 appearances, or 1 in every 3.4 games. OK he's not Aguero but I'd rather have him than Mitrovic.

Me too!!!

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Is there not the argument that he is probably a stadium player, feeds off the crowd, negative or positive?

The sterile atmosphere at games has totally shot his confidence?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

He's not having a great season I agree but overall he has a decent enough career. Why are you comparing him to Maupay? I don't see it as an either/or in fact I think Maupay would do better playing off a big guy rather than leading the line himself. We are unlikely to be able to afford an out and out goalscorer but we could certainly do better than we are in both taking chances and in our ball retention in the final third. I think he would offer an upgrade over our existing options not least because he is very different to the guys we have.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Mark Stein and Mark Bowen are two others from the Barry Lloyd era

Barry Lloyd always had an eye for picking strikers. There's along list of decent strikers he signed as manager, but I think when he came back as a scout he was the person who orginally picked up on Glenn Murray.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Peter Withe.

In 1975, Peter Taylor was convinced a deal had been done with Wolves for Withe to sign for us. It was scuppered by our former manager, Freddie Goodwin, who flew to the States (where Withe was on loan at Portland Timbers) and signed him for Birmingham.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Barry Lloyd always had an eye for picking strikers. There's along list of decent strikers he signed as manager, but I think when he came back as a scout he was the person who orginally picked up on Glenn Murray.

He also discovered Mark Farrington and Johnny Dixon!!

Neither of which could hit a cows arse with a Banjo!!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Garry Monk was one back in the day from (I think) Southampton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here