Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion transfers that never happened.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Post # 14 and nobody yet mentioned the longest running transfer rumour in the history of NSC.

I give you,

Jonathon Calleri

#holdthenerve

We dodged a bullet there. He's pony.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Was Mark Jones any good?
I had never heard of him before seeing this photo

Very good. We had him on loan from Villa I believe. He only played a few games but looked useful. Was he here at the same time as Martin Keown? I'm not sure if they overlapped but he was here at roughly that time. We got some good loan players in those days

I honestly don't remember, but in my defence he only made 9 appearances for Albion and as I only went to home games then I would only have seen him play 4 times!

He came to Albion in early March 1984 in the deal that took Steve Foster to Aston Villa (it was a permanent signing, not a loan). He made 6 appearances at the end of that 1983-84 campaign. He had played 3 times at the beginning of the following season when, at the end of September 1984, he moved to Birmingham City in exchange for Mick Ferguson + 30k.(Interestingly the next match at the Goldstone was against Brum and the pair played against their former teams). Maybe he didn't settle and wanted to head back to the Midlands?

He had played for Villa in the 1st leg of their European Super Cup tie against Barcelona in January 1983, but until he joined Hereford in the summer of 1987 he wasn't a regular starter - Wikipedia - Mark Jones

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Adam Clayton (footballer, not U2 bassist!).

Went to Boro instead of us in 2014. Was gutted at the time, thought he would have been a really good signing.

Then came to the Amex and ran the game when we lost to Boro the season we lost out on promotion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here