Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Albion transfers that never happened.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
The most recent one that I wanted to happen but was clearly a no from the beginning was when we went after Mitrovic from Newcastle, I felt then and still do now that he’s the kind of player that we’re missing

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Why would his performance for us be any better than his performances for Fulham ?

I’m afraid you’re point is not in the spirit of the question

It was transfers that didn’t happen at the relevant time

If it was current then no we would be unlikely to make a move for him

At the time he was playing for Newcastle, he transferred to Fulham and has scored 50 goals in the last three seasons , if we had signed him back then and he had done the same for us he would be close to legend status

He’s just not having a good season this time around

You’ve looked at this through hindsight which is a wonderful thing and if we had that possibility we possibly wouldn’t have signed Ali J and certainly wouldn’t have signed Locardia!

I do however think Mitrovic would be a good signing for us until we find the next Glenn Murray or Zeqiri becomes what we hope he will be!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Isaacs Hayden too. I think we had a fee agreed and everything.

Yep, he confirmed this himself in The Athletic.

Another one that almost didn't happen but eventually did was Chris Hughton. He was originally interviewed after Garcia's departure, but Bloom and co. decided on Hyypiä instead. Thankfully he didn't have another job and came back for another interview a few months later!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
There are some little squirts on twitter today claiming Sergio Ramos has rejected two contract offers from
Real Madrid because based on an Agent’s verified account that he has ‘accepted a deal from a south coast Premier League team’.

It’s either us or Saints right so I’m staking a claim that this is now the highest profile signing that won’t happen.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Sorry - I wasn't intending to make a point - it was a genuine question. I thought you were saying you would still have him. At the time I thought he would have worked for us as well.

To be fair I still would

We haven’t got a player like him

Our usual subs are between Maupay Connolly and Trossard which is pretty much like for like and if Percy gets a chance it will be a similar swap although I like what I’ve seen of him

I would just like to see another option really

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Who was the player we signed, who played against Barnet then it was found out he didn't have a work permit for this country and got binned off ?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Mitrovic would score goals for us I think. We get down the flanks and get ball into the box a lot, we lack a bit of physicality and an instinctive finisher both of which he is. Whether he passes the no dickhead rule may be another matter...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Wasn't Joe Gomez seen at Lancing ahead of a potential loan deal a few years back?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here