Upson Bridge (attacking full back)
Hammond
Bridcutt
Lopez
Buckley
Orlandi
Ulloa

Hardly defensive was it?

Mindset seemed to be. I'd have played two wingers and had Vicente ( who claimed he was fit) on the bench.
All academic now of course and although I was a huge Poyet fan, he got it wrong that day. imho.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We need to bring in more sponsorship really I think.

Stand sponsorships, training ground naming rights, partnership deals to promote specific services to fans.

All very difficult to arrange of course, but I'm sure Paul Barber must be on the case.

Paul Rodgers is Business Development Manager and Simon Williams is Head of Commercial Developmemt - more down to these guys than Barber, I'd say.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Interesting isn't it? Poyet's claims that he had a (below) mid-table budget looking less and less likely to be true. He really is an ungrateful tw@t. 41% increase in playing budget and he still moans publicly.

Hang on. B.W. Are you saying you don't like Poyet?

You really should say more often :lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Mindset seemed to be. I'd have played two wingers and had Vicente ( who claimed he was fit) on the bench.
All academic now of course and although I was a huge Poyet fan, he got it wrong that day. imho.

Funny that. Can you support this claim?
He said in The Argus article in which he branded Poyet as the worst person in football that he had an injury so wasn't available for selection.

Murry

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Ticket prices going up. Star manager and star players leaving. Wont be long till most of your fans are back supporting Chelsea and Arsenal again.

Honestly dont wish financial trouble on any club, including Brighton. And Palace have no right to brag. Also have a lot of respect for the older generation of Brighton fans who have been through the thick and the thin. However the sense of entitlement and arrogance of some your younger fans might learn a thing or 2 from the past year or so.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not convinced that player wages have increased by that amount, although the club did back Gus in the transfer market.

I said Gus shouldn't have moaned about the (playing) budget: from the OS:

"The increased operating loss arises primarily due to a 41% increase in football costs from £14.8m to £20.9m; as a result of new signings and an increase in player wages as the club made a concerted effort to achieve promotion to the Premier League.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-accounts-filed-for-201213-1341846.aspx#eYoEj3dvD2DJSHFE.99"

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes or preferably Lua Lua should of started the game for me.

Bridge did go to sleep 1st goal but Zaha was the difference IMO.

He was a nightmare first half as couldnt get the ball off him and was driving them on. Without him I think we would of won or got to pens.

Spot on. Gus should have picked a more attacking team, e.g. the one that beat Palace 3-0 a few months earlier.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Ticket prices going up. Star manager and star players leaving. Wont be long till most of your fans are back supporting Chelsea and Arsenal again.

Honestly dont wish financial trouble on any club, including Brighton. And Palace have no right to brag. Also have a lot of respect for the older generation of Brighton fans who have been through the thick and the thin. However the sense of entitlement and arrogance of some your younger fans might learn a thing or 2 from the past year or so.

Oh do f*ck off.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Question for El Pres. How can you be certain depreciation of the stadium is not in the 2012/13 statutory accounts when you haven't seen them yet?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
And i'm sure the offers were both supposed to be seven figure sums. If Kuzcack is out of contract in the summer turning down over a million for him seem's pretty odd.

I agree. Surely, we should have cashed-in on our Number 1 a la Barnes? Unless there is a better chance the former will stay?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Question for El Pres. How can you be certain depreciation of the stadium is not in the 2012/13 statutory accounts when you haven't seen them yet?

I'm 100% certain because the club don't own the stadium, and you can't depreciate someone else's asset.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Interesting isn't it? Poyet's claims that he had a (below) mid-table budget looking less and less likely to be true. He really is an ungrateful tw@t. 41% increase in playing budget and he still moans publicly.

That - as you well know, or at least should know - misses the point by a distance.

It's not what he had compared to the previous season's budgets that's important - it's what he had compared to other clubs in the same division in that season that's the issue.

The previous season, El Pres states it was the 14th highest in the division. Last season, he estimates it was 8th/9th highest. We finished 4th.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I said Gus shouldn't have moaned about the (playing) budget: from the OS:

"The increased operating loss arises primarily due to a 41% increase in football costs from £14.8m to £20.9m; as a result of new signings and an increase in player wages as the club made a concerted effort to achieve promotion to the Premier League.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-accounts-filed-for-201213-1341846.aspx#eYoEj3dvD2DJSHFE.99"

I don't think you are comparing apples with apples though. I suspect some figures included in footballing costs in 2013 were in a different category in 2012.

Might be wrong though.

It looks as if every club competing for promotion in the Championship increased their playing budget by 20-30% as they all realised it was a chance to get promotion before FFP hits home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here