Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion NEED £2 million to survive. The board needs YOU to help

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
3gulls said:
Leicester City recently reported profits of over £5million.

er, pretty sure that didnt. The accounts for 2003 (filed 31/05/04) show a turnover of 5.9m, losses of 4.6m and debt of 15m. Not sure if these figures are from before or after the administration, if from before then they might now be cashflow positive but would have the credit rating of of a dog-on-a-string type.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
beorhthelm said:
er, pretty sure that didnt. The accounts for 2003 (filed 31/05/04) show a turnover of 5.9m, losses of 4.6m and debt of 15m. Not sure if these figures are from before or after the administration, if from before then they might now be cashflow positive but would have the credit rating of of a dog-on-a-string type.

I think you should look at this!

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~562348,00.html[/URL]

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
I will be handing over at least £100.
I am not one that usually 'gives away' money, but for £100 you dont really expect a share, and after all it is our club, so its not as if it isnt in our benefit at the end of the day.
Yes, I am lucky to be able to afford it, but surely giving up one expensive away day and giving the money to the club instead if money is tight is money better spent and longer lasting. I would imagine that a ticket, travel and 'refreshments' is about £50.

thats what I think anyway.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
portslade seagull said:
Not sure what to believe now.
1 minute INSIDER posts a message in response
to some-one stating the clubs finances are ok
then a few days later the club are in shit street
begging for money.
I think this proves that the people at the top
have been telling porky pies with regards to how well
they are running the club.
Maybe a statement from the club would allay some of
the rumours which will now appear in abundance.
What about half-time tomorrow Dick !!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is some more info on the Ask The Club Section but...

I don't think I have ever stated the finances are ok. We've struggled on and we've never made a secret of the fact the club's income does not cover it's outgoings.

However, we are in the process of cutting the yearly trading losses, and (post-Ecovert, post-Archer) these losses are getting smaller and smaller. However there is the matter of the losses over the last seven years, costs of Withdean, Falmer etc, etc.

What the club is doing is being proactive rather than reative and simply being open and honest about the finances, in the hope that fans who are in position to help will do so. Obviously not everyone will be able to afford to make a donation.

Those who feel they can't or don't want to of course have that option.

Dick will be on Southern FM tomorrow morning between 8.30 and 9.00.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Insider said:
There is some more info on the Ask The Club Section but...

I don't think I have ever stated the finances are ok. We've struggled on and we've never made a secret of the fact the club's income does not cover it's outgoings.

However, we are in the process of cutting the yearly trading losses, and (post-Ecovert, post-Archer) these losses are getting smaller and smaller. However there is the matter of the losses over the last seven years, costs of Withdean, Falmer etc, etc.

What the club is doing is being proactive rather than reative and simply being open and honest about the finances, in the hope that fans who are in position to help will do so. Obviously not everyone will be able to afford to make a donation.

Those who feel they can't or don't want to of course have that option.

Dick will be on Southern FM tomorrow morning between 8.30 and 9.00.

Have the Board considered a share issue to the fans? Surely that would raise some much needed funds, and give us genuine fans a real stake in the Club we all love.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
3gulls said:
Have the Board considered a share issue to the fans? Surely that would raise some much needed funds, and give us genuine fans a real stake in the Club we all love.

To quote Insider from the Ask the Club forum:

A share issue is a very expensive exercise, because it has to be conducted under the regulations of the FSA and it takes a long time to prepare all the documents that are necessary. It is intended that when we have planning permission for the stadium, the club will look at a share issue for supporters. The timing currently is not right to embark on this kind of exercise.

http://www.northstandchat.biz/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33850

Which suggests to me that we will have yet another opportunity to dip into our pockets if/when Falmers get approval!!

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Won't this situation just keep recurring every year until we are in Falmer? The season ticket money will be spent within months of the start and what will happen then? a new request each year?

It might work once but that is all.

How does DK come out looking good from all of this? I spotted this back in February when the ticket renewals came out even earlier than usual amongst the usual spin the club put on it but all I got was stick from the blind faithers. Is it time he swallowed his pride and publicly asked for help?. Not from the fans, that's the easy way out and leaves him in full control, but from potential investors, even if it means him losing some control. Has he asked or is he only interested in hand outs that enables him to stay in position.?.

Falmer or not I do sense the begining of the end of an era.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Leicester make me f***ing SICK.

I don't begin to understand some of these financial going on... if I was a creditor of Leicester City, I would be seriously questioning the administrators and the Club about the terms of the recent settlement.

Surely you can't just walk away with a new stadium by saying, thanks for building it, but we aren't going to pay you ?? Oh and we are going to stay here and benefit from the new facilities etc... and you can just swivel ??

Something doesn't add up !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
fair play 3gulls, my source must be out of date. dont reckon they'll stay profitable though, they only got in that position by shafting thier creditors which they wont be able to do again.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I may well chip in for £250, but realistically how many people can. I'm not against them asking, but I seriously reckon they won't attract more than a few grand and that will go nowhere near what they need.

I'd also like to know exactly what my money will be going towards. Wages, rent, overdraft costs ???

I think we have a right to know.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Some of you must be very well off. How many times are we expected to keep paying out? What percentage of our income are we expected to hand over to keep the club going? There must be thousands of people out there who love The Albion and can even manage to squeeze out the funds for season tickets and replica shirts, petrol etc but just CANNOT find extra money every time DK passes the hat round. It's all very sad.:(

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
I'll also be putting in £250 for my 10 year old lad too. Guess that makes me a f***ing looney then.:lolol: [/B][/QUOTE]

No, but to some, it makes you look extremely well-off.

larus

C1 BHA said:
Some of you must be very well off. How many times are we expected to keep paying out? What percentage of our income are we expected to hand over to keep the club going? There must be thousands of people out there who love The Albion and can even manage to squeeze out the funds for season tickets and replica shirts, petrol etc but just CANNOT find extra money every time DK passes the hat round. It's all very sad.:(

Sorry. I must have missed the last time the begging bowl came round. Yes, we pay early for season tickets, but we always get them. This is the first time the club has asked us for direct support I believe.

If you can't/won't give, then that's fine, but please don't post incorect/cynical FG like comments.

It's our club (in so much as we support/love it). A £5 per week for a year, it's not a big ask really if it is that important to you.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
C1 BHA said:
I'll also be putting in £250 for my 10 year old lad too. Guess that makes me a f***ing looney then.:lolol:

No, but to some, it makes you look extremely well-off. [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't even afford a private plate! :jester:

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
3gulls said:
No, but to some, it makes you look extremely well-off.

I can't even afford a private plate! :jester: [/B][/QUOTE]

That plate was a present to me in appreciation for something I'd done. I didn't pay for it. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here