Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Pretty sure after he was shot he chanted "fight fight fight" as it was on film.

He said he wanted his shoes. Several times. Some time after it was confirmed that the shooter was down, and the fight was over, he shouted fight fight fight.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Don’t be daft - these things are easily fact checked (like the size of crowds) when it’s all on video.

Before Trump fist pumps the air shouting ‘fight, fight, fight’, he is clearly heard at least 3 times saying ‘let me get my shoes’

What kind of twisted person shouts ‘fight, fight, fight’ to drum up the crowd anyway after 2 people have been shot dead and several wounded? Trump behaved like some overgrown kid in the schoolyard who is watching his schoolmates having a punch up. Absolutely puerile behaviour from someone who fancies himself as the next President of the United States.

He said he wanted his shoes. Several times. Some time after it was confirmed that the shooter was down, and the fight was over, he shouted fight fight fight.
Why did he have his shoes off anyway??!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Maybe it was an alternative to being scared out of his pants as it would leave him less open to ridicule if he had been literally and publicly scared out of his pants. So instead he went for being scared out of his shoes.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me if he wore his shoes a size bigger than necessary just out of ego. He has to have the bigglest shoes.

Plus you know what they say about men with small feet.
Most likely it’s lifts in the heels.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
To paraphrase Lady Bracknell in Oscar Wilde's "The Importance of Being Ernest"... To lose one shoe might be considered unfortunate, to lose both shoes just looks like carelessness....

Hopefully by November we'll be saying the same about elections..... To lose one election might be considered unfortunate, to lose two elections.....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He’s been “Truthing” that Harris got where she is by giving blowjobs. If I’ve understood the story correctly.

Now, in my book, revolting libel like that should result in immediate disqualification from the presidential race.

If you can’t play the game nicely, you don’t get to play at all.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
He’s been “Truthing” that Harris got where she is by giving blowjobs. If I’ve understood the story correctly.

Now, in my book, revolting libel like that should result in immediate disqualification from the presidential race.

You'd think he'd have the sense and self awareness to steer well clear of using sexual smears to attack his opponents given his own legally established history

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They left because they were stitched up by the DNC establishment.

Thats one hell of a "holding the line" argument. :ROFLMAO:

Your arguments never make any sense. Let's compare how many Republicans have said they'll vote for Harris/Walz to the 3 people, mostly crazy ex-Dems, you stated are for Trump. Got anymore?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
You'd think he'd have the sense and self awareness to steer well clear of using sexual smears to attack his opponents given his own legally established history
Not a narcissist like him.

Besides, being a vile misogynist, he'll assume that his sundry sexual assaults and misdemeanors are OK because he's a man (and he can boast about them as 'locker-room bantz'), whereas any alleged sexual misdemeanors, however minor and fully consensual, by a woman should disqualify her as morally unfit to hold public office.

The old 'stud/slut' double-standard which Neanderthals like Trump probably still believe.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

it shouldn't even need him to be disqualified, it should be enough for voters to to turn their back on him.

Having said, that the guy's character has been exposed so many times in beggars belief that he still has a chance and people are still prepared to back him.

I suppose, like the couple on here, Trump supporters have to turn a blind eye as this part of his campaign cannot be justified.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it shouldn't even need him to be disqualified, it should be enough for voters to to turn their back on him.

There should have been enough over the last 8 years for voters to turn away from him. It's so difficult to get your head around why any decent person would vote for him.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

‘Exclusive: Harris widens lead over Trump, Reuters/Ipsos poll finds​

WASHINGTON, Aug 29 (Reuters) - Democrat Kamala Harris leads Republican Donald Trump 45% to 41% in a Reuters/Ipsos poll published on Thursday …

The 4 percentage point advantage among registered voters was wider than a 1 point lead Harris held over the former president in a late July Reuters/Ipsos poll. The new poll, which was conducted in the eight days ended Wednesday and had a 2 percentage point margin of error, showed Harris picking up support among women and Hispanics.’

In key battleground swing states (which are likely to decide the overall winner) where the 2020 election was closest - Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Arizona, North Carolina, Michigan and Nevada - Trump had a 45% to 43% lead over Harris among registered voters in the poll.

However, a ‘separate Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll published later on Thursday showed that Harris was either leading or tied with Trump in each of those states.

That poll showed Harris led Trump by 2 percentage points among registered voters across the seven states and was ahead by 1 point — a statistical tie — among likely voters. The margin of error was 1 percentage point across the seven states.’

FiveThirtyEight polls show Harris ahead or tied in Georgia, Mich, Penn and Nevada and trailing by 1% in NC and Wisconsin:

IMG_1253.jpeg

In a Wall Street Journal poll, Harris leads Trump

Harris led Trump 47%-45% if third-party candidates were included or 48%-47% head-to-head in a Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday, marking the first time in over a year Trump has trailed in a Journal survey—a reversal from Trump’s 49%-47% head-to-head edge a month ago (the poll surveyed registered voters from Aug. 24-28, margin of error 2.5 points).

TL;DR

While the November Election still too close to call with both Trump and Harris more or less neck and neck in battleground states (with Harris either tied or ahead), Harris continues to gain ground and amongst registered voters nationally is marginally ahead of Trump in nationwide polls as much as 4% ahead in some of the most recent polling.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The worrying thing is he usually accuses others of things he himself has done.

Which means….

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Man, we know that’s never gonna happen.

The guy just spits out things he read on Twitter, and then ignores when politely corrected or asked for proof.

I think you’re asking for a miracle here.

This has been explained. If I'm getting 3 responses or more for every post, I am not going to reply to al of them with citations and links to a bunch of bad faith actors who have NEVER conceded one point(Zeberdi the exception i think). My time is valuable to me and I have the same level of contempt for most posters on these threads as they do for me. If in doubt google it yourself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here