Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
On a more positive note there seems a lot of Democrats backing Trump.

GVvwjx7b-MAA9d1b.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I read that the duty fell on the current President and if absent then the VP followed by former presidents. the question is why did they skip it?
Of course, you read it. You can always find something that backs up your opinion, but that doesn't make it true.

Jul 20, 2003
Except for the guy with the X on the shirt who will make billions more US$ because of Trump does anybody recognize the other people in the cartoon?

I think the bloke might be Robert Kennedy jnr. He originally offered to support the democrats in exchange for some senior position but they wouldn't talk to him because he's a raving mad idiot. He then approached Trump who was happy to have him on board.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Except for the guy with the X on the shirt who will make billions more US$ because of Trump does anybody recognize the other people in the cartoon?
RFK Jr and, I assume, Tulsi Gabbard (former Democratic house member from Hawaii that has since gone totally off the rails when she realized that saying outrageous things on Fox was a profitable grift).

Apparently the cartoonist doesn't think the Democrats should exclude lunatics from their party. They should embrace them, like the Republicans do.

What a weird take...

Also all of those people left of their own accord. Mostly for the grift. Elon left because he was outraged that the Biden administration suggested that maybe he couldn't let his workers die from covid during the pandemic.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I think the bloke might be Robert Kennedy jnr. He originally offered to support the democrats in exchange for some senior position but they wouldn't talk to him because he's a raving mad idiot. He then approached Trump who was happy to have him on board.
He actually approached Trump, who was non-committal, then he approached the Democrats, who ignored him, then he went back to Trump who supposedly suggested that he'll give him a position in his administration if he wins (some suggested Health and Human Services, which is absolutely mad). On the bright side, Trump is completely untrustworthy and there's a good chance that even if Trump does win, he'll screw RFK Jr over anyway. He wants "yes men" in his cabinet and not people that might upstage him.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I read that the duty fell on the current President and if absent then the VP followed by former presidents. the question is why did they skip it?
Skip what? Its the third anniversary of the Abbey Gate attack. Every day will be an anniversary of some military tragedy somewhere somewhen. Its not a duty that they skipped, its a tragedy that Trump decided to magnify for his campaign purposes. Which has now backfired somewhat.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
If you want to talk about duty to make empty gestures of sympathy, why was Biden the first one to call the widow of Corey Comperator (killed at that Trump rally) to offer condolences (she refused to take the call) and Trump didn't call until several days later when somebody pointed out that he hadn't bothered and it looked bad?

Why did RFK (senior) ask if "everybody was okay?" after being mortally wounded while Trump only asked "where are my shoes?" after being slightly grazed by a bullet?

It's seriously laughable if are going to try to paint Trump as a compassionate person.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
RFK Jr and, I assume, Tulsi Gabbard (former Democratic house member from Hawaii that has since gone totally off the rails when she realized that saying outrageous things on Fox was a profitable grift).

Apparently the cartoonist doesn't think the Democrats should exclude lunatics from their party. They should embrace them, like the Republicans do.

What a weird take...

Also all of those people left of their own accord. Mostly for the grift. Elon left because he was outraged that the Biden administration suggested that maybe he couldn't let his workers die from covid during the pandemic.
They left because they were stitched up by the DNC establishment.

Thats one hell of a "holding the line" argument. :ROFLMAO:

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
If you want to talk about duty to make empty gestures of sympathy, why was Biden the first one to call the widow of Corey Comperator (killed at that Trump rally) to offer condolences (she refused to take the call) and Trump didn't call until several days later when somebody pointed out that he hadn't bothered and it looked bad?

Why did RFK (senior) ask if "everybody was okay?" after being mortally wounded while Trump only asked "where are my shoes?" after being slightly grazed by a bullet?

It's seriously laughable if are going to try to paint Trump as a compassionate person.
Pretty sure after he was shot he chanted "fight fight fight" as it was on film. But you hang in there pal, I admire your effort.:ROFLMAO:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Pretty sure after he was shot he chanted "fight fight fight" as it was on film. But you hang in there pal, I admire your effort.:ROFLMAO:
Don’t be daft - these things are easily fact checked (like the size of crowds) when it’s all on video.

Before Trump fist pumps the air shouting ‘fight, fight, fight’, he is clearly heard at least 3 times saying ‘let me get my shoes’

What kind of twisted person shouts ‘fight, fight, fight’ to drum up the crowd anyway after 2 people have been shot dead and several wounded? Trump behaved like some overgrown kid in the schoolyard who is watching his schoolmates having a punch up. Absolutely puerile behaviour from someone who fancies himself as the next President of the United States.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Probably because unlike Trump they had the dignity and respect not to be seen exploiting the deaths of US soldiers for campaign purposes and making the Memorial Day all about them instead of in the memory of the fallen soldiers, hence why it's called a Memorial Day, not a Me Me Me Day

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Probably because unlike Trump they had the dignity and respect not to be seen exploiting the deaths of US soldiers for campaign purposes and making the Memorial Day all about them instead of in the memory of the fallen soldiers, hence why it's called a Memorial Day, not a Me Me Me Day
fully agree, i'll point out Memorial day is in May. this was a cermony linked to end of Afganistan war. is there any formal duty relating to ad hoc war memorial ceremonies? kind of the point of Memorial day (equiv to our Armistice Day), roll them all up into one official day of recognition.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
On another note, with all his wealth (apparently), you'd think the guy would be able to get some suit trousers that actually fit him properly!
I would willingly support Trump being indicted for Crimes Against Humanity on the basis of his truly appalling tailing alone.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Don’t be daft - these things are easily fact checked (like the size of crowds) when it’s all on video.

Before Trump fist pumps the air shouting ‘fight, fight, fight’, he is clearly heard at least 3 times saying ‘let me get my shoes’

What kind of twisted person shouts ‘fight, fight, fight’ to drum up the crowd anyway after 2 people have been shot dead and several wounded? Trump behaved like some overgrown kid in the schoolyard who is watching his schoolmates having a punch up. Absolutely puerile behaviour from someone who fancies himself as the next President of the United States.

Someone who instinctively know what to say to impress impressionable half wits. Half wits who will happily ignore the less impressive 'let me get my shoes'

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
fully agree, i'll point out Memorial day is in May. this was a cermony linked to end of Afganistan war. is there any formal duty relating to ad hoc war memorial ceremonies? kind of the point of Memorial day (equiv to our Armistice Day), roll them all up into one official day of recognition.
Yes, it was the third Anniversary of when those soldiers were killed during the withdrawal.

The Memorial Day was the one in France to mark the Armistice which he declined to attend because the weather was bad and he was worried about his hair, and also when he allegedly referred to the fallen soldiers as "losers", so were not considered worthy of him paying his respects, and especially as he wasn't on the campaign trail then so it served no benefit to him.

He obviously thought that the "losers" angle was a more acceptable excuse to use for his non attendance than admitting it was because of his concerns about his hair not being able to withstand the unfavourable weather conditions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here