Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This has been explained. If I'm getting 3 responses or more for every post, I am not going to reply to al of them with citations and links to a bunch of bad faith actors who have NEVER conceded one point(Zeberdi the exception i think). My time is valuable to me and I have the same level of contempt for most posters on these threads as they do for me. If in doubt google it yourself.
You simply provide a link when posting the original claim.

Easy., no?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
You just scatter-gunned posters from this thread as ‘left wing scumbags’ multiple times.

Tell me how I’m projecting?

I’m certainly not a modern day leftist or liberal. I think my posts on this thread have pretty clearly illustrated that.
There are only 2 clearly right of centre posters on here from what I can see. I can also see about 20 hard left, a few casual left and some idnis who show fealty to the mob. Why so few righties if this forum is so hospitable and welcoming?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
There are only 2 clearly right of centre posters on here from what I can see. I can also see about 20 hard left, a few casual left and some idnis who show fealty to the mob. Why so few righties if this forum is so hospitable and welcoming?
You’re on a Brighton forum, with most people here from (or spent much time in) Brighton - a very left-leaning and liberal city, which I think is generally great. It’s an awesome city.

I’d put decent money on the majority of our fanbase considering themselves leftists or liberals based on this fact.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You’re on a Brighton forum, with most people here from (or spent much time in) Brighton - a very left-leaning and liberal city, which I think is generally great. It’s an awesome city.

Our country is left-leaning and liberal. Or as some in America would put it, communist.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Are you or any of the others here questioned on purpose?
I guess most of us are here as we are all Brighton fans, generally enjoying a chat with like-minded folk, or disagreeing yet in a constructive, instructive and genial way. So, there's no real need to question most. Some posters I don't notice particularly (the one you mentioned for instance), and a few puzzle me.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I’d imagine a good 90% of the UK population, if not more, is left of Trump.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Maybe it’s not the forum for you?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Kamala’s first interview in quite a long time, 3 parts on YouTube (I assume those in the UK can access the videos).

Uploaded 16 hours ago but I’ve only just seen mention of it:

Part 1 of 3 below, 2 & 3 will be easily searched.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
CD if you post what are generally contentious POV s without backing them up with verifiable references ( video/news reports etc) you can‘t blame people for calling you out.
Contentious to whom? That is not my problem. I will post links when I find it relevant, if I don't and someone else thinks it is relevant then they can look it up, again this is not my problem.

I seem to be the only one who is required to operate to this standard, erm nah its not going to happen.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022
However, if Trump loses, the Republicans will
very likely implode the way the Tories have - there is a limit to how much internal conflict over ideology one political
party can embrace before it collapses.

No, if Trump loses due to importing voters and the DNC likely to give citizenship/the vote to an extra 10 million and the resulting disenfranchisement what you will get is the second revolutionary war. Even RINOs understand this gaming of the electoral system. Democracy only works if you believe you have a fair chance of winning.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I seem to be the only one who is required to operate to this standard, erm nah it’s not going to happen.
Absolutely incorrect.

I have said multiple times that I call out BS on both sides (and have done) - even to the extent of me (bizarrely) being called a “Trump Apologist”, ‘Conspiracy theorist’ (or along those lines), and more aggressive sweary words and insults (now edited or deleted).

I’ll call you out and provide links and references, just as quickly as I’d call out any other poster here, regardless of stance - if I smell bs.

Crawley Dingo

Mar 31, 2022

I’d put decent money on the majority of our fanbase considering themselves leftists or liberals based on this fact.
I would take that bet, the Albion are a county team. I remember way back coming back from Pompey away to three bridges and very few got of the train at Hove.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
No, if Trump loses due to importing voters and the DNC likely to give citizenship/the vote to an extra 10 million and the resulting disenfranchisement what you will get is the second revolutionary war. Even RINOs understand this gaming of the electoral system. Democracy only works if you believe you have a fair chance of winning.
..or he just happens to be a self-absorbed and ignorant narcissist, convicted rapist and vile human being and people don't like or trust him...more likely explanation.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
That is irrelevant to the post you quoted - Did you not read the article?

It is not suggesting a nationwide Civil war in America but a civil war within the Republican Party.

Many Republicans pinched their noses and stuck with Trump because they thought he was the only potential candidate to beat Biden (partly because he already had an un-dwindling support base. The article argues that if Trump does not win them the election, those uneasy bedfellows currently supporting him within the GOP will break away to form their own alliances within the Party.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not particularly left wing, I'm right of most people here. I think calling me a scumbag is unfair and says more about you than it does of me.

I didn't put any words in your mouth.
Sorry to see you abused by a twat I have on ignore.
Nice sensible right-of-me posters keep me thinking.
FWIW I hadn't realized you were right of me.
That's what posting sensible does, I guess :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here