Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 114 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 170 55.9%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 6.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Surely that's an extreme interpretation? Saying "I want the best for my family" is not the same as saying "I want the best for my family and don't care about the rest of the world".

You're right that "right of centre" people do tend to prioritise the welfare of their won family above that of strangers. But sure;y that's true of "left of centre" people as well.
left of centre people are aware of the benefit they, themselves receive in a more meritocratic society, a bit like patriotism, if you will

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You think of the Democratic Party as centrists, while I see them leaning far left (which they are).
So nerrrrr! Hilarious.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You think of the Democratic Party as centrists, while I see them leaning far left (which they are).
Far left?

Absolutely bonkers Trumpian rhetoric.

Please show me the Democrats policies on banning private property. Nationalising all industry. Banning religion. Etc.

Actually don’t.

Watch this.

Your man Trump praising Tim Waltz. The same Tim Waltz who is about to send your main man’s political career into oblivion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just went onto Oddschecker to see the current odds.

When I looked last, Trump was still about 1/2 on, which equates to a 66% probability of winning.

Now, Trump and Harris are both around evens, which is wonderful to see.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just went onto Oddschecker to see the current odds.

When I looked last, Trump was still about 1/2 on, which equates to a 66% probability of winning.

Now, Trump and Harris are both around evens, which is wonderful to see.
Harris has actually gone odds-on on Bettair exchange over the last 24 hours.

Very little in it but significant that Trump has gone odds-against for first time since it became clear he’d be Republican nominee.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Very little in it but significant that Trump has gone odds-against for first time since it became clear he’d be Republican nominee.
I'd want to look at the small print of that bet though, as there is a nightmarish bit not unrealistic option of Trump losing the electoral college, but declaring the win and the stuffed supreme court spuriously finding his way in all the state challenges. Who would the bookies pay to?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd want to look at the small print of that bet though, as there is a nightmarish bit not unrealistic option of Trump losing the electoral college, but declaring the win and the stuffed supreme court spuriously finding his way in all the state challenges. Who would the bookies pay to?
Here you go:

'This market will be settled according to the candidate that has the most projected Electoral College votes won at the 2024 presidential election. In the event that no Presidential candidate receives a majority of the projected Electoral College votes, this market will be settled on the person chosen as President in accordance with the procedures set out by the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution'

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

That’s because she is now dancing to the Waltz.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Here you go:

'This market will be settled according to the candidate that has the most projected Electoral College votes won at the 2024 presidential election. In the event that no Presidential candidate receives a majority of the projected Electoral College votes, this market will be settled on the person chosen as President in accordance with the procedures set out by the Twelfth Amendment to the United States Constitution'
So if Trump loses and has a successful coup, the bookies still pay out on Harris. Nice

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
DNC have already had a coup to install Harris unelected in primaries, maybe have another one at the DNC Congress this month. Although I read an argument that the polls were rigged by adjusting the sampling to convince other Dems that Harris was is the real deal as she has been unpopular in the past.

Yes that is a conspiracy theory but they quite often turn out to be correct these days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I see this was answered

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
DNC have already had a coup to install Harris unelected in primaries, maybe have another one at the DNC Congress this month. Although I read an argument that the polls were rigged by adjusting the sampling to convince other Dems that Harris was is the real deal as she has been unpopular in the past.

Yes that is a conspiracy theory but they quite often turn out to be correct these days.
Rabbit-hole-tastic !

:clap: :clap2: :clap:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Rabbit-hole-tastic !

:clap: :clap2: :clap:
I came on NSC today to have a bit of a debate about the value of sending Facu on loan to a team in the same league, and have instead found out that in the US, "the polls were rigged by adjusting the sampling to convince other Dems that Harris was is [sic] the real deal".

Mental and frankly one of the most boring conspiracy theories I've seen. Quite obvious from a neutral perspective that Harris was best placed to lead the party into the current election and that once Biden stepped back there was no real alternative.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Harris now odds on, Trump odds against
The best thing the Democrats ever did was getting shot of Biden. At least Harris has a chance of defeating Trump; Biden was not even close.

Biden was on the radio this morning mumbling about something or other and I found myself thinking "FFS shut up and let Kamala do the talking". Every time he speaks he is likely costing her votes.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

Did you read that on Putin's browser?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here