Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I do find it sad when one human being wishes another human being dead, added to that comments of "pissing on the grave" etc etc, pretty much sums up the world we live in today.

A debate where people don't agree is fine, it is totally understandable and acceptable, but please don't resort to wishing people dead.

I wonder how an individual (who is wishing people dead and making comments about pissing on their grave) would feel if he / she, say went to visit their Mothers grave and found a bunch of moronic idiots pissing on her grave?

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I do find it sad when one human being wishes another human being dead, added to that comments of "pissing on the grave" etc etc, pretty much sums up the world we live in today.

A debate where people don't agree is fine, it is totally understandable and acceptable, but please don't resort to wishing people dead.

I wonder how an individual (who is wishing people dead and making comments about pissing on their grave) would feel if he / she, say went to visit their Mothers grave and found a bunch of moronic idiots pissing on her grave?

That depends on whether she f***ed the country up or not!

People on here seem to be polarised on this matter. It seems that the people who are in favour, made something out of her devisive decisions and those against (the majority) lost out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Ironically she had a pretty big say in shaping that world and those attitudes.

I don't wish her dead nor would i piss on her grave but she did steal my milk!!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Hang on here. I never said I wanted her dead nor did I say that I would dance on her grave. However that didn't stop beach hut and vulture acting like spoilt brat keyboard warriors and making accusations they couldn't substantiate in a laughable diversion from reasoned debate. Their behaviour is just as reprehensible as the actions of those hitony condemned.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Hang on here. I never said I wanted her dead nor did I say that I would dance on her grave. However that didn't stop beach hut and vulture acting like spoilt brat keyboard warriors and making accusations they couldn't substantiate in a laughable diversion from reasoned debate. Their behaviour is just as reprehensible as the actions of those hitony condemned.

I was not pointing the finger at any one individual, it was a general comment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Hitony, just keep posting, so we can keep GAWPING at your avatar.

What's the story behind it?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This.

Thanks Maggie for all you've done for me. Anyone of my generation in this region who did not reap the same benefits must be some f***ing thicko.

I've just read all nine pages of this nonsense, and the most telling post of the entire thread, is right there on the first page.

You see, Tim, for some people it is not all just about 'ME', or 'this region'. We should thank Maggie, because she created an environment for upper middle class kids in the South East to prosper, at the expense of people in other communities all over Britain?

Then there are the comments about how the prosperity was open to 'all who wanted it'. Sorry but that's plainly ridiculous. Capitalism just does not, and can not, work like that. The entire concept is of a few making money out of the rest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've just read all nine pages of this nonsense, and the most telling post of the entire thread, is right there on the first page.

You see, Tim, for some people it is not all just about 'ME', or 'this region'. We should thank Maggie, because she created an environment for upper middle class kids in the South East to prosper, at the expense of people in other communities all over Britain?

Then there are the comments about how the prosperity was open to 'all who wanted it'. Sorry but that's plainly ridiculous. Capitalism just does not, and can not, work like that. The entire concept is of a few making money out of the rest.
Any thread with Thatcher mentioned, and featuring complete tools like simonsimon & hb&b is to be avoided, IMO. Throw in vulture and his tiresome habit to abuse anyone who disagrees with him and it's a definite no no.

You can't be objective when it comes to Thatcher. There are just too many simple, intolerant goons like the three mentioned above to make it worth while. At the end of the day, she was far too divisive to earn a state funeral. That much is clear.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU

You see, Tim, for some people it is not all just about 'ME'

But surely the founding principle of Thatcherism is: "I'm all right Jack, and bollocks to the rest of you."?

It is not hard to see why some people swear by it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
But surely the founding principle of Thatcherism is: "I'm all right Jack, and bollocks to the rest of you."?

It is not hard to see why some people swear by it.

Well, yes it is. But its advocates will also hold this up as its strength ["Anyone with the desire, CAN attain all this"] but never see the paradox, that its very principles, mean that its actually not possible for everyone to do so.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Any thread with Thatcher mentioned, and featuring complete tools like simonsimon & hb&b is to be avoided, IMO. Throw in vulture and his tiresome habit to abuse anyone who disagrees with him and it's a definite no no.

You can't be objective when it comes to Thatcher. There are just too many simple, intolerant goons like the three mentioned above to make it worth while. At the end of the day, she was far too divisive to earn a state funeral. That much is clear.

Actually, Tim's first post, and this one, are the definitive posts on this subject. I'm done.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Read the bit work hard as opposed to whinge and scrounge, Thatcher built a legacy of self belief where those that could reach out and achieve did.

There was a documentary on telly about a year ago where they took well off people and placed them on the street for a week with just a sleeping bag. It was interesting as most of these people were self made and wealthy so they undoubtedly had the desire and will to succeed. One guy was particularly entrepeneurial and was convinced he could make money without begging. He tried everything but after 3 days had made no money whatsoever and was shocked that his get up and go got him nowhere in that situation.
Most of them lost their will to carry on after a few days realising the difficulties that faced people in their situation.
The only one that got himself on a track out of there was the guy that asked for help from homeless charities and government initiatives.
My conclusion was that it doesn't matter how much motivation you have you can only get so far without help. The kind of help Thatcher scorned and tried to remove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here