Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thatcher

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I wonder if she cheered when those 33 miners were rescued on her birthday!?

Given her dubious relationship with Pinochet, I think its fair to say that the well-being of the working man in Chile is fairly low down her priorities.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thousands of good luck messages sent to Lady Thatcher’s infection
After Baroness Margaret Thatcher was admitted to hospital, thousands of well-wishers have passed their good luck messages to the infection currently keeping her bed-ridden.

It is understood she is suffering from the same plucky infection that prevented her attending Downing Street last week to mark her 85th birthday.

Dozen’s of former mining communities have been quick to pass on their best wishes to the infection, at what they are sure is a very difficult time.

Former miner Roy Grimsdale told reporters, “We know how hard it can be for an infection to keep someone hospitalised, but all we ask is that is does its best to hang on in there.”

“It has the support of hundreds of thousands in the former mining and manufacturing communities, and I assure you that it is in our thoughts almost every moment of every day.”

Former pitworkers near Rotheram are planning a candlelit 24-hour vigil in support of the infection at this, its darkest hour.

Surrounded by placards bearing good luck messages such as ‘keep going, you’re nearly there’ and ‘one last push!’ one attendee told us, “It’s just so unfair that such a tiny little infection has to go up against the might of modern medicine all on its own.”

“If only there was something we could do to help, I just feel so helpless sat here with my fingers crossed whilst planning this street party.”

Thousands of good luck messages sent to Lady Thatcher's infection | newsarse.com

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The people who attack Thatcher, in my opinion, always seems to have better thought out arguments than those that defend her - who - bar Beach Hut, generally come across as a tad... thick.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
She didn't care about anyone, that sort of attitude makes people very rich. She is liked by people who only care about themselves and can't wait to walk over the masses of homeless in the streets and stick their noses up at them.

So tell me what you do to make a difference for homeless people if your that worried about them??

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
The people who attack Thatcher, in my opinion, always seems to have better thought out arguments than those that defend her - who - bar Beach Hut, generally come across as a tad... thick.

No they don't, they blame one individual for all ails and shortcomings they perceive in society (and I think in a psychological way their own shortcomings) whom was Prime Minister from 1979-1990 and left office 20 years ago. They seem to have no concept that there were governmental policy decisions made before that period, nor seem to even recognise the fact that Labour have been in power for the last 13 years with whopping majorities and have had more than enough time to change and reverse any policies that she made.

It is basically lazy thinking (trying to blame all problems on one person, when there are a multitude of reasons to the multitude of problems that we all face) but to make themselves think they look clever to their peers they repeat ad infanitmum (without ever truly thinking about it) the kind of comments Ben Elton was making 25 years ago.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
she is the only woman who I would hope may die a horrible death after the abject misery she caused thousands and yes I lived through it and fortunately kept my house but only because we had to sell our business for peanuts and use what was left to pay our mortgage otherwise the lovely Nationwide B/S would have thrown us out on the street.

And many of those tories who are leading the lib dems by the nose to absolute obscurity were there at the time of thatchers reign so its no surprise to me that we will have more people out of jobs and homeless.
And please don't come back with its all Labours fault as maybe some of it was but the banks lead us into this mess and once again its the working class that will have to get us out of it again.

Yep, the thick cnuts will. Bow down to someone who sold the Falklands out until she realised it would save her political skin to kill a few squaddies and hundreds of argentinian conscripts. Bow down to someone who directly created the financial mess we are in currently with her insane adherence to the lies peddaled by keith joseph. Bow down to someone who destroyed the manufacturing industry in this country, making us a country of call centre workers who's jobs are now being outsourced to the far east by the people in charge of the companies who bribed her and her racist husband so they can make more profits. Bow down to someone who oversaw the single most corrupt business deal in this countries history because her f***ing gormless son was involved in selling arms to Saudi Arabia.

Bow all you want morons, she pissed on you the same way we will piss on her grave. The difference is we know she was a f***ing witch. You are too stupid to realise.

at my age I don't have the fight in me anymore so i'm saying nothing, but if this guy voiced this to me in a pub I wouldn't argue.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
no it doesn't. it simply illustrates a fundamental lack of human compassion.

That would be the same fundamental lack of human compassion displayed by Thatcher then...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
10 pages proves how great she is. Don't think Jim Callaghan would even get one.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So you equate yourself with her. Are you now in a position to condemn?

Who's condemning? It doesn't take a genius to see that she is one of the least compassionate people ever to be in a position of power.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Who's condemning? It doesn't take a genius to see that she is one of the least compassionate people ever to be in a position of power.

Indeed nil compassion to someone who personally sent a wedding card to an injured lady in the Clapham Rail disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here