Votes: 38 16.4%
  • I will have a party as I hated her

Votes: 96 41.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
38. Banned fur farming and the testing of cosmetics on animals.

Labour's greatest achievement.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
15 pages :rave:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Give her a state funeral... NOW !.... I fancy saturday off !:clap2:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
She'll probably hang on for a few more years yet , a bit like Ayotolah Khomeini or those ancient Soviet politburo members who were wheeled out for special occasions.:) Unless of course she becomes a victim of knife crime when doing a little bit of shopping at her local Waitrose.:clap:

She'll probably hang on for a few more years yet , a bit like Ayotolah Khomeini or those ancient Soviet politburo members who were wheeled out for special occasions.:) Unless of course she becomes a victim of knife crime when doing a little bit of shopping at her local Waitrose.:clap:

Talking of Waitrose, Norman Tebbit is a regular shopper in the Horsham branch. He lives over at Mannings Heath.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
At least the longer she hangs on means that her son , Mark wont become Baron Thatcher and board the House of Lords gravy train.
p.s. bet they wont give him the job of leading the funeral cortege.;)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Talking of Waitrose, Norman Tebbit is a regular shopper in the Horsham branch. He lives over at Mannings Heath.
Does he wheel out his wife for special occasions ? :nono:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry , I was in 1980's alternative comedy mode.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't she get blown up and paralysed by the IRA?
One of the victims of the Grand Hotel bombing in 1983 , apart from those killed some received horrific injuries. If the IRA main target , Thatcher , had not been up late into the night writing her speech for the following day she would have been blown to bits when the bomb exploded.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
List of why we should not mourn.

Elvis Costello, "Tread the Dirt Down". The most destructive force to take office in this country, fact. Does no one recall the 15% interest rates, rampant inflation, warmongering, cosying up to Neo Con Reagan? (Neo Cons more of a problem now as a result and are to blame for the current Iraq war) Not to mention paving the way for Blair who was Tory in all but name.

1) Destruction of manufacturing industry
2) coal industry decimated
3) communities in Wales and North of England destroyed (revenge for miners strike of early 70's)
4) Instigator of football fencing (Hillsborough anyone?)
5) The Belgrano
6) Pinochet
7) IRA campaign lasted far longer than it needed to
8) NHS Dentistry privatised (The reason why Americans make jokes about terrible British teeth)
9 Destruction of trade unions leading to Equity being powerless to stop reality shite like Big Brother and Celebrity driven TV from infecting our society
10) Running down of the NHS for years (The damage is still to be rectified)
11) Fat Cats
12) Most damning of all ? The trains. Privatisation, Potters Bar/Hatfield/Southall.
13) SKY
14) The Sun
15) Eye tests privatised

I could go on but i think I've made my point. Phew rant over.

PS Am about to download Tread The Dirt Down, I will play it all day when she dies like when Elvis went and everyone played Heartbreak Hotel all day.

Never forget.
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Do you people not remember the state of Britain in the 1970s?

Paddling through rubbish, bodies unburied, strikes, power cuts, spiralling inflation, limited working weeks, abysmal production, etc.

Thank God she gripped the nation and pulled it back into some shape.

Her Employment Acts reshaped working conditions and tipped the balance of power away from the unions who seemed intent on bringing the country to its knees.

Her handling of the Falklands War actually made the Soviet Union watch carefully as it realised the West (in the form of Britain) had a genuine political will, conviction and, most importantly, the hardware to fight a war independently 8,000 miles from its homebase.

It was a contributory factor to the end of the Cold War.

Home ownership, economic stability and growth, essential transition from a manufacturing economy to a service based economy as befits a developed country. We'd have reverted to an agricultural economy if she hadn't exercised her customary vision and leadership.

Privatised firms such as BT are now global players - you couldn't even find a working payphone pre-1979!

Ask yourself why ours is now one of the strongest economy in the world (and don't be deceived into thinking it was Gordon Brown's doing! although he's doing his best to f*** it up!).

Incidentally, try comparing her straight-forward, brutally honest style with that of today's government. Do you think she would have our bobbies spending all day on their arses typing up reports while all this crime is going on. She would have got them out there breaking a few heads ( which has been sadly lacking for years now). Or the asylum shambles. The first thing she would do is rip up the criminals charter..sorry, i mean the Human Rights Act and put a bit of pride back into this country

I'm proud to be one of Thatcher's children.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most of that can easily be debunked but I'll just concentrate on this gem:

Do you think she would have our bobbies spending all day on their arses typing up reports while all this crime is going on. She would have got them out there breaking a few heads ( which has been sadly lacking for years now).
Probably because the crime rate SOARED under Thatcher unlike under Labour when it has been SLASHED.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Most of that can easily be debunked but I'll just concentrate on this gem:

Probably because the crime rate SOARED under Thatcher unlike under Labour when it has been SLASHED.

Crime is directly linked to the state of the Economy. Thatcher was left with a very poor hand from an inept Labour Govt. and there was a necessity to revamp the way Britain operated, which was going to lead to unemployment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here