Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THAT Wood penalty.....

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Just seen the replay on SSN .... Wood has struck that really well and the keep has pulled off a cracking save.

No shame there at all he scored a great one last sat. Didntear anyone moaning when he stepped up and scored a the wkend.

Its great he's got the confidence to take them.

All id say is it'd be nice to establish a regular penalty taker. We seem
To have had sooo many pens this year (unsure of exact number??) and we need a regular taker. Cant ever remember us having this many penalties in a season before!!

:)

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
yes it was a very good save davis is a great keeper at this level.To be fair looked a very soft pen

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Funniest thing was listening to Radio Solent on the way home and hearing the commentary about the Irishman Gary Dicker stepping up to take the penalty... good grief.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If Barnes was on the pitch at the time he would have taken it.

PalG

Nov 22, 2010
It definitely wasn't a penalty. Great striker but an even better save. 0-0 was a fair result.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Funniest thing was listening to Radio Solent on the way home and hearing the commentary about the Irishman Gary Dicker stepping up to take the penalty... good grief.

Yep, heard that too just as we drove out of the park and ride...and we think Radio Sussex is bad !? :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

When I checked the BBC match report on my phone on the way home, it said Davis saved a Gary Dicker penalty (it has changed now to Chris Wood)

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It definitely wasn't a penalty. Great striker but an even better save. 0-0 was a fair result.

I beg to differ. Looked nailed on to me as Murray was clearly caught as he ran across his man.

I would however agree that 0-0 was a fair result.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
yes it was a very good save davis is a great keeper at this level.To be fair looked a very soft pen

Not a great pen compared to saturdays. Perfect height for keeper to save. And an opportunity to win the game wasted. But a point away from home at Southampton is still perfectly respectable!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kelvin Davis on the radio after the game summed up the penalty best, I think. He said Murray was being clever, looking for it and drew the foul. If that's your forward you think it should be a penalty, if it's against you then you feel hard done by.

FWIW - I thought we were lucky to get it. The ref was not going to give it, but the lino made the decision for him.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Sorry ladies and gentlemen but that was a shit penalty. Two foot off the ground, two foot inside the post = easy save. If the keeper goes the right way he will always save this type of penalty.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Good pen good save.
We could've had anothe one too.

Agreed on the pen and save.

Only remote chance of another was on Jamie Smith, and no way was that a pen in all honesty. I think we were a bit lucky not to concede one in the first half though. At a 'big' stadium with a 'big' partisan crowd I'd have put money on the ref giving it, so fair play to him.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Hopefully this will be fully processed soon. I uploaded it an hour ago and it's still not ready. Darn it.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
If Barnes was on the pitch we wouldn't of won the pen!

What did Wood contribute to the winning of the pen that Barnes couldn't have done then? Nothing!
In hindsight it should have been Murray for Wood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here