Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Millwall vs Palace thread

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
More:

Howdy Dudey
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2013

Holloway you have destroyed the team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ian holloway has destroyed the best team in the championship and has to go。****ong awful long ball shit!!!!!

**** off holloway your a clueless ****

Thanks Hillman, keep em coming, they're priceless :)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More:

Howdy Dudey
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2013

Holloway you have destroyed the team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ian holloway has destroyed the best team in the championship and has to go.

**** off holloway your a clueless ****

Holloway has destroyed the Albion??

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Did you make a post for each place?

Nope, 4th all the way, and I've stated it time and time again. Shame is didn't put any money on it.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If Palace draw or lose against Posh and still manage to limp into the Playoffs - they will do so without a win in 10 games. Extraordinary!

And even more so if they fluke a tie against Hull who by that point would also have their confidence shot to pieces. It would be the ultimate lame dog semi!

I particularly liked this one.

jobiinthelastmi
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2006

What is there to be positive about right now?

We are toilet, at least I'm not in denial. Even if we do make the play-offs we're going to get embarrassed by teams full of confidence.

This guy is on a roll.

jobiinthelastmi
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2006

He's lost the plot. I'm fed up with him now. Even law of averages suggest that you would eventually fluke a win against some of the shit teams we've been playing.

He's taken a solid, hard working free scoring team and totally destroyed it while slowly ebbing away confidence since he arrived. Performances bar the odd flash of light have been going slowly down hill since he arrived.

Our best chance of promotion in years and it's being flushed down the toilet by a clown. The hard work was done, all he had to do was sit there and not change anything, and we'd be safely in the play-offs now. Instead he's tried to get Zaha and Bolasie scoring goals, while in the process starving Murray of service.

I have seen little tactical awareness, little professionalism and hardly any enthusiasm from Holloway since he arrived. Brushing off defeats like it's normal.

Fed up with this joker now. He's just a bad manager, not seen anything to suggest otherwise.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
"IH: It was a terrific game. I thought we were exciting at times, couldn't score, but I'll take that any day of the week"

:eek:

I am literally open mouthed (that's not an invite)

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
"IH: It was a terrific game. I thought we were exciting at times, couldn't score, but I'll take that any day of the week"

:eek:

I am literally open mouthed (that's not an invite)

Palace fans don't seem to agree with his assessment

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
We have no chance. They will be fighting for it.

I still think you'll make the playoffs. Actually I reckon more BHAFC than CPFC fans probably think that.

Seriously though, what has Holloway done? Can't understand how roughly the same players have gone from not being able to lose to, well, the opposite.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Couldn't resist it, went on B.B.S and looked at some of the comments myself. This post is honest and delusional all in one, some hilarious comments on there tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy Dudey
ian holloway has destroyed the best team in the championship

I don't think he understands how highly this team is rated by our fans (and evidently the opposition players as well). His ambition is still at Blackpool levels.
Forget the style (which with a fat KG would not ever win anything). It's his lack of confidence in our team that I find most worrying. A point at struggling Millwall, and he's happy? That's disgusting.

This is the best Palace XI since 1994. That's almost 20 years. And he has ****ed it up with his attitude, and his tactics which have ruined our wingers, 2 of the players in the division XI. Then by playing 2 defensive mids he has starved our 3rd (THIRD) player in the Championship XI, Glenn Murray, of any service.

And what did he get in January? An unfit player from Ivory Coast, a full back who can't defend, and 2 journeymen who can't play well for more than 25 mins at a time. Here's my plea to the Palace fans: don't be sucked into thinking that because the results and performances have gone downhill that the players are not up to it. We are still the best team in the Championship IMHO, and the players have consistently given 100% effort. Ian Holloway is solely to blame, and if we don't make the play-offs I'd like to him gone, before he tries to mould us into his Blackpool team, 5 years beyond its sell-by date.
Last edited by glaziers fan : Today at 09:42 PM.

BBC and Sky said just 3 attempts each in a drab game, despite the 'English Ronaldo' Zaha playing.

Looks like he was booked again for unsporting behaviour after the final whistle - falling over in the tunnel? :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Seriously though, what has Holloway done? Can't understand how roughly the same players have gone from not being able to lose to, well, the opposite.
I think this covers it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howdy Dudey
"his tactics which have ruined our wingers, 2 of the players in the division XI. Then by playing 2 defensive mids he has starved our 3rd (THIRD) player in the Championship XI, Glenn Murray, of any service."
They were passing and playing with width, and now they play long diagonal balls from defence and hope that Murray gets on it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope, 4th all the way, and I've stated it time and time again. Shame is didn't put any money on it.

I said 5th at the start of the season. What a negative nancy I was.

I actually went to the game last night as it's a 5 min train ride from work and I've always been a little intrigued what the Palace-Wall rivalry was like in intensity.

It was obviously great to be the only actual winner there last night. Very dogged but limited Millwall team (they played Shaun Batt up front, who couldn't get into the Crawley team last season) edged the game in midfield even though Palace might have had the slightly better chances.

Glenn looks very tired, two half chances in the first chance sluggishly not taken but otherwise the usual falling over routine that the good ref wasnt ever buying. Zaha was even more hilarious, did nothing til the 60th minute, had a good run, then went over to Palace fans fist-pumping and then did sod all for the rest of the game, except get into a wrestling match with Alan Dunne that could have seen a straight red and season over has the ref been more officious. Really gives the impression that if it doesnt happen easy for him, he turns into their version of Barnes.

It's all very well blaming Ollie for the mess, and maybe he isn't that great a manager, but he is picking their best players in an attacking shape and it's just not happening for them. The truth is that Palace's depth of squad is being exposed and their main players look tired but cant be rested.

Dobbie came on for the last 10 and was reassuringly the same, loafed around misplacing passes and shooting aimlessly.

They look good playoff opponents for someone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here