Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That 'Jamie' thread

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
It certainly doesn't occur to me that "what he got was no more than he deserved."

None of those statements you cite could be taken seriously for the simple reason that the kid hasn't got the means and was just blowing his fuse. I'm not excusing what that kid said, although it is understandable, that with his limited life experience, he would fly off the handle, particularly as he saw his dream of a future career shot in flames by people who derived satisfaction from that fact.

Yet, on the other hand, the campaign of harassment against him orchestrated on NSC was very real and it involved the invitation to bringing his family, such as his sister (by contacting her on facebook) and his parents (by getting a funeral director to contact his parents about their son's death) into it by a mere phone call or FB message. No amount of anonymising by the moderator of this board is going to hide that side of what happened.

The kid was heartbroken by the end. He felt unable to go and watch his local team because members on NSC had posted stuff on Stockport fans' forums. Nevertheless, he found the grace to apologise.

To which Bozza said

Bozza?
If that was a good place to end it, what's changed?
Why are you considering resurrection?

It seems to me the lad has suffered enough ... he's accepted his part in it and apologised ... if you bring it all out again for no good reason, who's reputation will be tarnished, his .......... or yours? :shrug:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Bozza?
If that was a good place to end it, what's changed?
Why are you considering resurrection?

It seems to me the lad has suffered enough ... he's accepted his part in it and apologised ... if you bring it all out again for no good reason, who's reputation will be tarnished, his .......... or yours? :shrug:

How will his reputation by tarnished? If it is locked away in gold, merely for browsing, what difference will it truly make? It's not like that kid is a regular on here is it?

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
i don't think reposting it will 'drag it all up again'. i doubt 'jamie' looks on this site now. it would just be interesting to see what passed, for those who missed it. block comments if you feel that would help.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
How will his reputation by tarnished? If it is locked away in gold, merely for browsing, what difference will it truly make? It's not like that kid is a regular on here is it?

I had him on MSN. He wouldn't come back on here. He spoke to me about NSC a couple of days after it happened. "Why would I want to go back on there, bunch of faggots, etc etc" He really didn't seem sorry. :shrug:

i don't think reposting it will 'drag it all up again'. i doubt 'jamie' looks on this site now. it would just be interesting to see what passed, for those who missed it. block comments if you feel that would help.

This. :kiss:

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I had him on MSN. He wouldn't come back on here. He spoke to me about NSC a couple of days after it happened. "Why would I want to go back on there, bunch of faggots, etc etc" He really didn't seem sorry. :shrug:

Exactly, so if he doesn't come on here, and discussion is still limited then surely there is no damage done?

Lurker

Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

I was merely making the point that Bozza .. in his own way .. was effectively saying it was a good time to bring it to a close.
Yet now he appears to be saying ... without any apparent good reason ... no, sod it, let's drag it all up again?

I accept your point about it possibly being locked away and merely there to browse, but maybe we should just move on and live off the memories?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Maybe I'm being too kind on the guy but something about the idea of dragging that hread up again jsut doesn't seem like fair game to me.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
I was merely making the point that Bozza .. in his own way .. was effectively saying it was a good time to bring it to a close.
Yet now he appears to be saying ... without any apparent good reason ... no, sod it, let's drag it all up again?

I accept your point about it possibly being locked away and merely there to browse, but maybe we should just move on and live off the memories?

I see your point- think it is mainly that a lot of people missed it (as it was during the day) and are curious as to what went on. As I previously mentioned too, if it isn't funny after details are filtered out then it is pointless reposting it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I also explicitly said that if/when I got the time I would rip out all personal details of the thread and publish it back into Gold as a lot of folk missed it including many people from other clubs and forums as news of the thread was spread far and wide. I didn't get round to going back over the thread until last night.

Lurker

Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I see your point- think it is mainly that a lot of people missed it (as it was during the day) and are curious as to what went on. As I previously mentioned too, if it isn't funny after details are filtered out then it is pointless reposting it.

The other danger of course is the old 'never go back' syndrome?

How many of us have said "what a great holiday that was ... must go back next year" ...... and it's never the same?

I suppose that won't apply to those that never saw the original though?

There seems to be a large divided opinion on this .... whatever Bozza does he's gonna upset someone i guess?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I think the fairest way of doing it would be to put it up for a few days/maybe a couple of weeks, and then 'let it die'. Surely that would give those that didn't see it originally enough time to see it, before keeping those that find the idea quite offensive happy and removing the thread once and for all.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Stick it in Gold.

Leave this thread open for an hour so people can comment

Ban all talk of it ever agin.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
f***ing hell. it's a funny thread on a football discussion board. re-post it or don't. who gives a shit? some people take this place waaaaaay too seriously.

and yes, if it is re-posted, i will read it again.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Post it, if its all anonymized now, no harm can be done, and i've heard it was true NSC gold.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Simply really, what makes the most money for REMF those that pay for it not to appear or those that pay to see it?

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
Dont bring it back Bozza, I watched it all unfold and in retrospect am slighty ashamed to have enoyed it so much. Its ridiculous to say he got what he deserved.
It's alright for you to say that but myself and others haven't.I'll make my own judgements thanks along with others who would like to see it for the first time.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think Bozza is doing the right thing.

Nevertheless, I seem to remember that I posted a aerial picture of his house from google maps, which with retrospect I wouldn't do again - although that was just the tip of the iceberg as far as the thread went!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here