Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Brenford Goal....

Agree with Easy's analysis of the equaliser.

Have a different view of the first - thought it was a terrific free kick by the Brentford guy, the placing might be slightly embarrassing for Hendo perhaps but it was struck like a bullet. I think very few keepers would have kept it out. I was just disappointed in giving away the original free kick because you hand the opposition a chance, and credit to Brentford they took it.

I thought we totally outplayed Brentford but the quality of their free kicks was excellent for this league, it wasn't the only one that troubled us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
London Irish said:
I thought we totally outplayed Brentford but the quality of their free kicks was excellent for this league, it wasn't the only one that troubled us.

Agree with about 20% of LI's post.

The quality of their free kicks was excellent. Period. It's what Chippy used to do really well. When did he last score one of THOSE?

And, yes, we totally outplayed Brentford. For the first 20% of the game. Then we didn't. Even mcGhee says so.

B/B

Apr 9, 2006
Mouldy Boots said:
Hendo's spectacular save according to some was just an easy straight forward shot according to Andrew Hawes and John Byrne.

Perhaps they are Kuipers fans or maybe even they were just reporting what they saw.

:ohmy:

I thought Mr Boots you don't attend home games, I do and i think the managers young side have done realy well this season (so far) Remember it is a young side and i think they will win some and be found out in others. I don't think taking every opportunity to knock the side will help, take the goalkeeping saga for instance, who is to say the Dutchman would have had a better game than Hendo, a young side is emerging and be grateful they have had a reasonable start. Trying to satify one's own agenda will not change the managers opinion and may alienate you on this message board, although most people are fair minded and everyone has the right to their own opinion!! Come on you anti manager posters get behind the team and admit good times MAY be around the corner:wave: :angel:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
London Irish said:
Agree with Easy's analysis of the equaliser.

Have a different view of the first - thought it was a terrific free kick by the Brentford guy, the placing might be slightly embarrassing for Hendo perhaps but it was struck like a bullet. I think very few keepers would have kept it out. I was just disappointed in giving away the original free kick because you hand the opposition a chance, and credit to Brentford they took it.

Commented as much during the game re them not troubling us in free play. They had a bloke who was able to put in sweet free kicks with his left. Similarly, their corners were in swingers as opposed to Reiders, which were short out swung and easy to defend. Can't remenber a long throw into the box from Mayo. What then is the point of Mayo? Don't neceserrily agree with your analysis of the first ,as from a long way away it seemed Henderson was out of position, but would like to see again before making judgement.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
chez said:
No I wasnt there, I'd just arrived back from a stag do, that's why I said "it sounds to me". When I see the highlights I may be able to judge better - I'm only going on what people have said so far and to be honest its not the best way, as us supporters seem to have extremist views on Henderson and Kuipers.

Sorry, but lack of bravery (regardless of apportionment of blame) with so much at stake = not fit to wear the shirt. This is no way a play for Kuipers who I last saw at Luton where we lost 3-0. He was pretty attrocious that night, but for different reasons.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Their free kick was excellent and it didn't look down the middle to me at all.

D

Deleted member 2719

B/B said:
I thought Mr Boots you don't attend home games, I do and i think the managers young side have done realy well this season (so far) Remember it is a young side and i think they will win some and be found out in others. I don't think taking every opportunity to knock the side will help, take the goalkeeping saga for instance, who is to say the Dutchman would have had a better game than Hendo, a young side is emerging and be grateful they have had a reasonable start. Trying to satify one's own agenda will not change the managers opinion and may alienate you on this message board, although most people are fair minded and everyone has the right to their own opinion!! Come on you anti manager posters get behind the team and admit good times MAY be around the corner:wave: :angel:

I have always been behind the team.
My opinion is MM has yet again dropped a quality player in FDM and i personally feel we need all the competition we can for places, but if MM continues to ignore FDM on the bench etc he will only feel i am never going to wear the stripes under MM again and therefore Hendo sub consiously won't be on the edge as you have to be to perform to the best of your ability on a regular basis.

I do thinking we are performing well this year but the bookies have us down for a play off position so we are just above our expectations, but it is early days.

I like every Albion fan is passionate about them and when i see what i feel is a manager that appears inept and egotistical and struggles to control the squad i want him out.

So DK wants to keep him, i will live with that but all the time he resorts to what i see as poor management it will be expressed, just because the results are going our way at the moment it doesn't mean i will change my opinion on McGhee - he has alot to do to swing my opinion of him, good luck to him and if he continues to get the results above play off positions then i was wrong.

We will just have to wait and see.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Mouldy Boots said:
if MM continues to ignore FDM on the bench etc he will only feel i am never going to wear the stripes under MM again
In fairness, the goalies never wear the stripes anyway.

*nitpick*

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here