Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Brenford Goal....

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
gvce26 said:
Or a snail trying to clear from the line? no

Unless that snail just hapened to have the initials KM.

Again it initially looked to me like there was time to react, but I thought well give Mayo the benefit, maybe it was a bigger ask than it looked, but now, based on what others are saying, I'm starting to wonder if maybe my initial reaction was the correct one.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
brightonfan_86 said:
No it wasn't, it was dipping under the bar. He had no chance of saving it, he had to tip it over.

It was an easy save! he was on his line! if that is a great save then I could be a great Keeper I reockon!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bhanutz said:
It was an easy save! he was on his line! if that is a great save then I could be a great Keeper I reockon!

those are the worst ones to save - it is impossible to judge the swerve and bend on a football in the county league, let alone one in the pro game these days. he did extremely well to push that over, it takes a strong hand, especially with the pace it had on it

but i suppose had kuipers saved it it would of been amazing :rolleyes:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Yes Kev, but they were talking about the first goal.

Henderson wasn't at fault for the first, it was a well struck free kick, if anything the problem was not having someone on the post.

Having someone on the post wouldn't have made a difference, as that freekick went in centrally.

Scotty M said:
i am pretty certain had kuipers been in goal, then el abd would be taking the majority of the blame for that goal
No I think Kerry Mayo would still have been blamed, it looked El Abd's error to me but people are generous to him in the way they never were to Harding, what is it with NSC and leftbacks? :lolol: Rents watch out! :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Seem to recall Lynch falling on his arse and Adam getting him out of a hole as well.

Anyway - I was standing just behind the goal on the running track and looked like Adams mistake to me.

.. and from there the Henderson "save" - the ball looked to dip at the last second.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't think he had a poor game, didn't really have a chance with the goals.
Will people stop complaining he dosn't come of his line. What would you prefer a keeper running into a packed area and missing the ball or leaving it to the centre backs to do there job while the keeper is ready if they don't?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
London Irish said:
No I think Kerry Mayo would still have been blamed, it looked El Abd's error to me but people are generous to him in the way they never were to Harding, what is it with NSC and leftbacks? :lolol: Rents watch out! :D

Same old, same old.:rolleyes:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Bromley shrimp said:
Sat right behind Henderson for the equalizer. Time seemed to stand still as Henderson just stood looking at the bloke arms and legs akimbo, whilst I'm thinking just throw yourself at his feet, move - it seemed like he had plenty long enough to react, salvage the situation, make a name for himself or even get himself injured in the process. Had he switched off thinking the game was won or did the bottle just go, what with his call-up for Ireland next week? It was in my book not becoming of the never-say-die atitude we have come to accept. Could you imagine Charlie bottling a challenge with 2 points at stake in the dying seconds?

First rule of a keeper is to stand up as long as possible. Sounds to me like he did everything correctly. If this geezer had as much time as you insinuate then the defence weren't doing their job - dont blame Hendo.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
chez said:
First rule of a keeper is to stand up as long as possible. Sounds to me like he did everything correctly. If this geezer had as much time as you insinuate then the defence weren't doing their job - dont blame Hendo.

The defence (Mayo and El Abd) were running to cover the goal line, unsuccessfully as it turned out. They had managed to get there only because the bloke took so much time before getting his shot away. "As as long as possible" does not mean for ever or don't dive at the bloke's feet. It was a time to show extreme courage. That didn't happen, so I will blame Henderson.

PS Were you actually there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bromley shrimp said:
The defence (Mayo and El Abd) were running to cover the goal line, unsuccessfully as it turned out.

El Abd was running back towards the goal line from 8 yards out where he royally f***ed up missing his header [to be honest I am not sure that he didn't deliberately duck under it, thinking it had enough pace on it to easily reach the keeper]. 90% his fault I'm afraid, with a 10% for Hando for reacting a little slowly to Bomber's mistake.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Scotty M said:
those are the worst ones to save - it is impossible to judge the swerve and bend on a football in the county league, let alone one in the pro game these days. he did extremely well to push that over, it takes a strong hand, especially with the pace it had on it

but i suppose had kuipers saved it it would of been amazing :rolleyes:

Its got f*** all to do with Kuipers. All I am saying is it was an easy save. I dont blame Hendo for either goal! OK!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here