Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Brenford Goal....

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I seem to recall Mr Kuipers slaughtering a certain Joel Lynch at Sheffield United after Mr Kuipers played him into trouble and they scored. Well done Michel, shift the blame. :jester:

D

Deleted member 2719

Hendo's spectacular save according to some was just an easy straight forward shot according to Andrew Hawes and John Byrne.

Perhaps they are Kuipers fans or maybe even they were just reporting what they saw.

:ohmy:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Mouldy Boots said:
Hendo's spectacular save according to some was just an easy straight forward shot according to Andrew Hawes and John Byrne.

Perhaps they are Kuipers fans or maybe even they were just reporting what they saw.

It was a completely straightforward tip over - he didn't even have to jump. I am firmly in the Henderson camp, but personally though he was a fault for the first goal today. Despite what some have said, it wasn't hit particularly well, or anywhere near the corner.

D

Deleted member 2719

hans kraay fan club said:
It was a completely straightforward tip over - he didn't even have to jump. I am firmly in the Henderson camp, but personally though he was a fault for the first goal today. Despite what some have said, it wasn't hit particularly well, or anywhere near the corner.

I am only going on the commentry but 9 times out of 10 they are pretty accurate in what happened.

It's good to hear your non biased view.

:clap: :clap:

Mouldy Boots said:
I am only going on the commentry
You still keeping this boycott up then? :D

Mouldy Boots said:

Thought it was a good save, as it dipped and swerved late. I thought we made Brentford look very poor today because we outpassed them for 60 per cent of the game, but the one area where Brentford were better today than us was the quality of their free kicks, they have some excellent strikers of the ball with fine technique.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
You still keeping this boycott up then? :D

At the withdean yes.

It's my belief that MM is not the sort of guy to learn by his mistakes and he will eventually hang himself.

CKR not even in the starting line up, it's all to familar i am afraid.

:nono:

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Thought it was a good save, as it dipped and swerved late. I thought we made Brentford look very poor today because we outpassed them for 60 per cent of the game, but the one area where Brentford were better today than us was the quality of their free kicks, they have some excellent strikers of the ball with fine technique.

My judgement by commentry was we were all over them for the first 20 then we looked very ineffective from there on in.

Mouldy Boots said:

Well Revell, Jake and OGH are all off the mark, tough to leave goalscorers out for someone who doesn't even follow the basic instructions of the coaches. But I guess you just believe the players can just go and out and do their own thing regardless of the tactical plan and everything will be all right? Might work in park football :)

Mouldy Boots said:
My judgement by commentry was we were all over them for the first 20 then we looked very ineffective from there on in.

My judgment is that if you get yourself along to the game you'll be able to make more accurate judgements :drink:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Mouldy Boots said:
At the withdean yes.

It's my belief that MM is not the sort of guy to learn by his mistakes and he will eventually hang himself.

Mouldy Ckr had no right to be in starting line up today.MM was 100% correct to keep the team that won 1-0 on Tuesday night.

D

Deleted member 2719

vulture said:
Mouldy Ckr had no right to be in starting line up today.MM was 100% correct to keep the team that won 1-0 on Tuesday night.

I am very much in agreement in not changing a winning team but i would have expected to see him on the bench today.

:down:

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
Well Revell, Jake and OGH are all off the mark, tough to leave goalscorers out for someone who doesn't even follow the basic instructions of the coaches. But I guess you just believe the players can just go and out and do their own thing regardless of the tactical plan and everything will be all right? Might work in park football :)

Whoops i mean't to say he should have been in the squad today.

I dropped one of our most talented players for not training and believe me it can backfire we had a small squad just the same as the Albion even though different level it can still apply unless you have a strong 16 or so players.

Fine him by all means or sit down and chat with him but freezing him out will not do anyone any favours and will also penalise the team.

It is one of MM traites i hate most and i am sure if he could learn and get better results out of these problem players and it can only help him and his position at this club.

D

Deleted member 2719

London Irish said:
My judgment is that if you get yourself along to the game you'll be able to make more accurate judgements :drink:

Because of commitements unfortunately i may have to wait to Yeovil.

Mouldy Boots said:
Because of commitements unfortunately i may have to wait to Yeovil.

That's a pisser, hope you will change your mind then about Withdean Mouldy.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
bhanutz said:
It was an easy save! he was on his line! if that is a great save then I could be a great Keeper I reockon!

Agree

Bloody hell.It was a routine save for christ sake.If That had been Kuipers he would of caught it.It would of been more embarrassing letting that in then it being a good goal

Last edited:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Bromley shrimp said:
The defence (Mayo and El Abd) were running to cover the goal line, unsuccessfully as it turned out. They had managed to get there only because the bloke took so much time before getting his shot away. "As as long as possible" does not mean for ever or don't dive at the bloke's feet. It was a time to show extreme courage. That didn't happen, so I will blame Henderson.

PS Were you actually there?

No I wasnt there, I'd just arrived back from a stag do, that's why I said "it sounds to me". When I see the highlights I may be able to judge better - I'm only going on what people have said so far and to be honest its not the best way, as us supporters seem to have extremist views on Henderson and Kuipers.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Having just seen the goals again on The Championship, I shall now add my two penneth.

The first Brentford goal was, I'm afraid, shite keeping. Their player got it up and over the wall very well, but it was almost bang central in the goal. I can only think that Henderson must've been wrongfooted somehow, he completely failed to get across to the ball in time when it was placed barely two paces to his right. Piss poor.

Blame Apportion: Hendo 97%. New floaty ball 3%

Their equaliser was an absolute shambles, El Abd totally misjudged the flight of the ball. He had a slight tussle with their forward as the ball was coming over so perhaps he was a bit off balance, but thats no excuse really. That was a bread and butter ball to head clear. Henderson was slow in reacting though - the ball bounced a couple of times before we finally saw him flying out to try to block the forward. Then Kerry seemed to have lead in his boots as the ball bounced over the line.

Blame Apportion: Bomber 78%. Hendo 14%. Kerry 8%

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Easy 10 said:
Having just seen the goals again on The Championship, I shall now add my two penneth.

The first Brentford goal was, I'm afraid, shite keeping. Their player got it up and over the wall very well, but it was almost bang central in the goal. I can only think that Henderson must've been wrongfooted somehow, he completely failed to get across to the ball in time when it was placed barely two paces to his right. Piss poor.

Blame Apportion: Hendo 97%. New floaty ball 3%

Their equaliser was an absolute shambles, El Abd totally misjudged the flight of the ball. He had a slight tussle with their forward as the ball was coming over so perhaps he was a bit off balance, but thats no excuse really. That was a bread and butter ball to head clear. Henderson was slow in reacting though - the ball bounced a couple of times before we finally saw him flying out to try to block the forward. Then Kerry seemed to have lead in his boots as the ball bounced over the line.

Blame Apportion: Bomber 78%. Hendo 14%. Kerry 8%

I agree with your percentage of blame on the first goal.
But the second i would give 20% of blame at Hendo's door and none to Mayo has always had lead in his boots.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here