Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That bloody awful 'We love you song'

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
How about all the people who don't like the song come up with something better themselves, then sing it? That way the song you hate is sung less, while a good atmosphere is retained with a better song. Or is that too much to ask from the moaners?

Good point, i would say anything but that drone.....

GOSBTS
We are Brighton
Seagulls
Albiion Albion Albion
Were the North/East/west Stand

Anything please

just an opinion

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Some of you need to get of your high horse. It's got f*** all to do with being miserable or being a moaner. It's a rubbish chant especially the words. We do need new chants granted as ours are repetitive and pretty dull, just not this one.

I think you'll find it has. In fact you go on to make 2 more moans in your next 2 comments. Miserable hucker.

You say "sing some other songs" but we don't. It's just Waaailbion CONSTANTLY with maybe 3 or 4 others now and then. At least it's a new song and are the lyrics really any worse then ".....I asked my mother, what should I be, should I be Brighton, should I be Palace" - it doesn't even ryhme!!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
"We're the North Stand, the North Stand, the North Stand,
The North stand of the Albion, the Albion, the Albion,
The Albion of the Sussex, Sussex, Sussex,
Sussex by the sea, sea, sea"

The version I heard was:

We're the North Stand, the North Stand, the North Stand,
The North stand of the Brighton, the Brighton, the Brighton,
The Brighton of the Sussex, Sussex, Sussex,
Sussex by the sea, sea, sea,
Woaaaaaaahhhhhhhh"

Watch the version of palace doing there version at Peterborough on youtube, think its called 'We Love you'

It would sound great if everyone go involved, especially the 'Woahh' part :)
And if people think it only includes the North stand then its easy enough for the west/east to change one word and do a verse afterwards?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I thought it was:

We are the famous North Stand, North Stand, North Stand
The North Stand Loves the Albion, Albion, Albion
The Albion is in Sussex, Sussex, Sussex
Sussex by the SEA, SEA, SEA!!
Whoaaa etc.....

If thats not the real song, it should be because the lyrics "The North Stand Loves The Albion" are better than saying "The North Stand of the Albion"

Starting with "We are the Famous North Stand" works too because you can sing that slowly and loud and people know what you're singing. Just starting straight off with "we're the North Stand" doesnt generate that join in feel.IMO

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Better this, better that, blah blah. Meh.
Fact is, it's noise. It doesn't matter what the words are, its about CREATING AN ATMOPSHERE. If everyone joined in with this song and clapped it'd mk a lot of noise.
And all this stealing off Palace nonsense??! Where do you think 'Seaguuls, Seeeaagulls' came from?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm sure we can collectively come up with something better to get everyone involved which is even more catchy and is ours and only ours.

There are virtually no songs / chants that are unique to any team, so perhaps we can get over this and just adapt the ones that are proven to work well...........oh we did !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's threads like this that make me despair at the invention of the internet.
It shouldn't do.

This is good old fashion debate...you've got the 'its a bloody brilliant song, makes a great atmosphere' mob and the 'this is a really, really shite crystal palace rip off' mob. We're all Brighton fans, but it doesn't mean we always have to agree on things.

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
Who's the law on this then? ay?? its a song/chant...possibly sung at many a ground around the world, when we sing we are not singing for you, we are a collective making as much noise for our team, so what if the words are what they are, you have an opinion you don't like it...and??? how many people here who are opinionating actually sing/know any of our chants?? we/i have tried to get many an old skool chant going from the goldstone days...its a nightmare...unless we start producing song sheets no one will know any different lol!!!!

"WE SING, WE SHOUT,
THAT'S WHAT WE'RE ALL ABOUT,
ALBION!!! ALBION!!!"

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Who's the law on this then? ay?? its a song/chant...possibly sung at many a ground around the world, when we sing we are not singing for you, we are a collective making as much noise for our team, so what if the words are what they are, you have an opinion you don't like it...and??? how many people here who are opinionating actually sing/know any of our chants?? we/i have tried to get many an old skool chant going from the goldstone days...its a nightmare...unless we start producing song sheets no one will know any different lol!!!!

"WE SING, WE SHOUT,
THAT'S WE'RE IT'S ALL ABOUT,
ALBION!!! ALBION!!!
No law. Some people will sing it, some won't. Same as every song.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Some of you need to get of your high horse. It's got f*** all to do with being miserable or being a moaner. It's a rubbish chant especially the words. We do need new chants granted as ours are repetitive and pretty dull, just not this one.

bollocks. You're moaning. Get off your high horse.

'we are Brighton, we are Brighton, super Brighton from the south!'

Sorry, are those GOOD words? Is 'we are sailing' a COOl song to sing?

couldn't give a shit. That's my favourite song

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here