Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That bloody awful 'We love you song'

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Not very collective eh!

ill think youll find its kollective ha ha

anyway my take on all this...... im all up for new songs and a great atmosphere. in my opinion , though, this doesnt work . its a palace song and they sing it better then us . its also not a very good song either so let palace have it with their other shit songs and think of something else original and better. how about the 3way stand song followed by we are brighton mentioned on another thread? original and gets all 3 songs singing it at the same time . it would be vey loud indeed .

i must adnmit the atmosphere at the amex is better than i thought it would be and everyone must take credit for that .

back to the original point .... please dont sing that song against palace it will be cringy

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
If you don't like a song DON'T SING IT!

If you have an idea for a song START IT!

Don't complain about others doing something you can't be arsed to. The atmosphere created by the crowd will carry the team. My ONLY issue with NSK is that I feel that others now don't bother starting songs and wait for the 'official' supporters to do the job - that's not how it should work. Supporting our team is already collective (however you spell it) and you are part of it simply by being there. Making people feel like they aren't part of it is bad for the atmosphere and splits supporters. Just to reiterate this is an issue with the concept, not the members or anything they do. Carry on.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
There are VERY FEW reasons that I would ever give NSC a swerve for a while... however, all these threads moaning about our younger fans singing are pushing me close to the edge. It's truly depressing after all we have had to endure.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it's unlikely that particular song will ever hit it big ever since all the Palace stuff, rightly or wrongly. The old Grand March from Aida would probably get everyone going as it used to.. and (cross-threading) ought to be in the medley really.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
ill think youll find its kollective ha ha

anyway my take on all this...... im all up for new songs and a great atmosphere. in my opinion , though, this doesnt work . its a palace song and they sing it better then us . its also not a very good song either so let palace have it with their other shit songs and [B]think of something else original and better.[/B] how about the 3way stand song followed by we are brighton mentioned on another thread? original and gets all 3 songs singing it at the same time . it would be vey loud indeed .

i must adnmit the atmosphere at the amex is better than i thought it would be and everyone must take credit for that .

How is the 3 way stand chant and 'we are Brighton' original or better ?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
How is the 3 way stand chant and 'we are Brighton' original or better ?

its simple isnt it? the palace song is sung by a few in the north stand . the three stand song is sung by more in the north stand than sing the palace song , thus louder. top that off with the west and east following then its pretty impressive . it then co-ordinates all three sides to sing the same song at the same time with the 'we are brighton' . the noise would be immense and as for originality , well ive never seen it happen at any other ground. the song you like is a) sung by our rivals and b) sung much better by them . they will take the piss if we sing it when they come down

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Problem being with this three stand song is it will never happen. We can't even sing SBtS properly how are we ever going to coordinate three seperate stands?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Not got a problem with any new songs, as i certainly feel we do need some new ones. But i must admit i find this particular song incredibly cringy. The lyrics are appauling, and i can't stand the fact that it is sung about 20 times a game! Before people jump to conclusions, this isn't me slating people for creating an atmosphere, quite the opposite in fact, just this song sounds pretty awful (in my opinion)

Jan 30, 2008
Not got a problem with any new songs, as i certainly feel we do need some new ones. But i must admit i find this particular song incredibly cringy. The lyrics are appauling, and i can't stand the fact that it is sung about 20 times a game! Before people jump to conclusions, this isn't me slating people for creating an atmosphere, quite the opposite in fact, just this song sounds pretty awful (in my opinion)
not being funny mate but the general feeling from people that i know is that a large proportion of north standers fall well short of the mark :smile:

I think it's unlikely that particular song will ever hit it big ever since all the Palace stuff, rightly or wrongly. The old Grand March from Aida would probably get everyone going as it used to.. and (cross-threading) ought to be in the medley really.
We can't sing that. It's been nicked from Aida.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
Does anyone actually know what song the OP is talking about???

PS
Thought he atmos at Cardiff, while not the loudest away day i've been too, was absolutely superb and this was largely down to the newer songs. Those putting in the effort to start these up should be commended not vilified.

i was at cardiff and tried a few new songs but then we have a massive moaner tye next day saying they dont like it

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I think the Lyrics are way better than Palace's. It adds to the atmos, but I agree probably shouldnt sing it at Palace game unless the Whole North Stand does it. On 2 more home games to Practice it.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Not having a go a people creating noise,

well, yes, you are.

This has been DONE TO DEATH

don't like the song, don't join in. Why do the rest of us have to listen to your, and many other's, constant MOANING

I never used to realise why ozzies called us whinging Poms. I get it now. They're right.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I thought our lyrics were bad until I watched the Palace version on youtube.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I love chanting and generating atmosphere, but have to agree with the OP. This 'chant' really is f***ing cringy!! It is Palace's main chant ffs (fact) Horrible sounding with shit words to boot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here