Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thank you Southgate, and goodbye

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Southgate has been our best manager in 25 years. He's got the players playing for each other and we've progressed. But there's nothing more he can offer and it's time for him to go.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well that’s me finished with watching England for a couple of years then, not that anybody will give a shit. I doubt I’ll find it hard to find something else to do
OK.

See you at the next tournament then, I suppose. I wouldn't expect to see you on any of the qualifying threads.

Thanks for popping in.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
He has the best percentage rate of wins in tournamen football of all the previous managers apart from Sir Alf
We actually have a good team and other teams are less good than they were before.
Or they should be, going by how they play for their clubs. Any success is in spite of Southgate and I'll die on that hill. Great job eroding the division, awful job of literally anything else. Gets outmanaged in a final by some nobody who last managed Atletico Bilbao's reserve side before the Spanish youth sides. f***ing clown. As I've said before, everyone at the FA that allowed him to be appointed, let alone stay in charge as manager for so long, needs sacking.

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
He did a good job when he came in and we are in a better place but that’s not necessarily down to him, more like some great players coming in. The ten forwards we named are better than most teams. If he stayed you know he will continue to pick Kane, Pickford, Maguire and Phillips.

He should have gone two years ago.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s a natural time for him to go. But anyone losing their shit because we lost to an incredible Spanish team needs to check their entitlement.

Well beaten by a better side tonight and fair enough.

Whoever comes in needs to deal with the Harry Kane problem, because damn (in the immortal words of Agent J).

Yoda

English & European
Only one win against decent opposition at Tournaments against the Dutch at this years championships (Germany were already falling into chaos when we played them 3 years ago having already failed to qualify from their group at the previous World cup & next). Struggled by and large against teams we should be beating with the attacking tallent we have had at his disposal.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Honestly couldn’t care less about his stats. His game management and overall philosophy hold us back. We had been lucky with our brackets and as soon as we’ve met equals we’ve flaked out.

The 5 minutes after our equaliser tell it all.
He has been incredibly lucky with the way our track to the later rounds in the last 4 tournaments has played out. Every time we come across a good team, we get outplayed.
He’s not good enough and we need a change now.
As much as I dislike the guy for the way he dealt with us and the Chelsea offer, I think Potter is the man to take over and change the England style to a more possession based one and take us forward.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be goodbye to Pickford if this happens. His Dycheball urge to either kick the ball out of play or lump across a 50/50 would not be tolerated. Great saves and claims tonight but so wasteful when we have the ball.

If Potter told Pickford to pass to a nearby defender when the opportunity was there, I imagine Pickford would try and do that.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We actually have a good team and other teams are less good than they were before.
Or they should be, going by how they play for their clubs. Any success is in spite of Southgate and I'll die on that hill. Great job eroding the division, awful job of literally anything else. Gets outmanaged in a final by some nobody who last managed Atletico Bilbao's reserve side before the Spanish youth sides. f***ing clown. As I've said before, everyone at the FA that allowed him to be appointed, let alone stay in charge as manager for so long, needs sacking.
Well said. Completely agree.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If Potter told Pickford to pass to a nearby defender when the opportunity was there, I imagine Pickford would try and do that.
Yes and he’d put it in Row Z or give it straight to an opposing forward.

Pickford is the exact opposite of Jason Steele.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here