Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thank you Southgate, and goodbye

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Southgate has been our best manager in 25 years. He's got the players playing for each other and we've progressed. But there's nothing more he can offer and it's time for him to go.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Southgate has been our best manager in 25 years. He's got the players playing for each other and we've progressed. But there's nothing more he can offer and it's time for him to go.
He is, and this has been apparent for the entire tournament, plus the last Euros, .. unable to alter the shape of a game... he gets lucky, a few equalisers, or even winners... but we looked off the pace all night tonight... he was impotent, stocking with Kane, sticking with a very overrated Rice.... see ya Gareth.

This tournament has been about moments for England rather than cohesive performances. We got more than we deserved by making the final.

Southgate seems a nice bloke and creates a great culture. However he is incredibly limited tactically and we'll never win something with him in charge - unless they bring back the Tournoir!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gareth Southgate is not a winner!
He’s not alone if you are talking about tournaments, however he wins his fair share of matches.

Too many ineffective “stars” tonight. Kane, Rice, Bellingham, Foden, Saka - I even thought Guehi was too hesitant in 2nd half.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Seems churlish and I know he's great at man management, but he's squandered a generation of talent. Bye bye.

But I dread Potter as although he's a better manager than Southgate, how do you think he'll react when a few paper cups are luzzed his way?
He isn't a great man manager... you watch the players after games/goals or substitutions... the cringe when he gets all 'huggy' ... a lot of the players do not respect him,... a few of his regular picks respond ok, but most don't.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Gareth Southgate is not a winner!
He’s not alone if you are talking about tournaments, however he wins his fair share of matches.

Too many ineffective “stars” tonight. Kane, Rice, Bellingham, Foden, Saka - I even thought Gueri (sp) was too hesitant in 2nd half.
f*** off and take Kane with you. C U N T.

He was always a 'coach' at best. Never, ever a manager.
take 5 …….. and relax

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023

Too many ineffective “stars” tonight. Kane, Rice, Bellingham, Foden, Saka - I even thought Guehi was too hesitant in 2nd half.
The problem with Southgate is that he cannot use these "stars" to the maximum of their potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here