Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
it's not GOD who we should thank

it's US :D

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Pretty much an unecessary distraction with the risk of injuring key players. I would bet my bottom pound sterling that not a single club would make a profit from the competition unless they get to the final. Be gone with it!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I think people rate this competition very differently. In the situation we find ourselves in at the moment I think tonights game was massive. I am gutted we lost and now consider our season over. We certainly aint going up & I'm sure we wont go down so for me its "roll on next August".

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Tonight was treated as a run out for players who needed a competetive game. Hopefully some of them will be nearer playing a league game now. IMHO thats all the competition is useful for.

Not bothered that we lost this and hopefully we will get 3 points at Yeovil with some fresh players to come back.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
C'MON GUYS,GAYS AND GIRLS

we still have the FA Cup

I'll see myself out :down:

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
f*** the cup, we need to start doing better in this league. Players need to fight for places, and start showing some f***ing bollocks.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
its a reality but the punters are not interested in the leyland daf, freight rover, zenith data, paint pot cup. No idea why the suppliers of football don't get the message. Not sour grapes at all, as i said last year i didnt want to get to wembley for it as its embarrassing to have to play in t. Having said that, losing to orient shows that our strength in depth seems to be argus talk. I wonder how many changes orient made

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
I hear from explymouth nige who went tonight and when he phoned me with a match report was trying to find Spittalfields and the coach ( could still be looking!) that we played very well. Russell used the match to get players back to fitness and assess the form of fringe players.

The JPT matters not a jot - well done to all the people who made the effort but the business begins by getting 3 points on Saturday.

I am sure all managers would like this competition to cease - judging by the attendances wouldn't we all?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if its such crap and we dont take it seriously, why enter the bloody competition?

If we want a friendly, then dont expect people to go and watch them and charge for it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
f*** the cup, we need to start doing better in this league. Players need to fight for places, and start showing some f***ing bollocks.

We need to be doing better PERIOD-results wise. Regardless of the competition, we should be going out there expecting to win every game. As I've said on another thread-losing becomes a habit (as we saw last season).

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I think we are kidding ourselves if we say it doesn't matter it is only the Piss Pot Cup.The team and Slade need some results(even from this competition) and pretty damn' quickly too,if our very poor start is not to turn into a disaster.I am not calling for Slade's head, but we cannot carry on losing, getting players booked and sent off and keep on saying it will be alright...it damn' well won't be unless we start to get a few results!
Something is wrong....let us all hope Slade can put it right but I'm not all that confident myself!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I hear from explymouth nige who went tonight and when he phoned me with a match report was trying to find Spittalfields and the coach ( could still be looking!) that we played very well. Russell used the match to get players back to fitness and assess the form of fringe players.

Well your mate Nige must've gone to a completely different match tonight if he thought 'we' played well. Although there were some positives eg Jimmy Mac's did really well on his return; Murray looked like he actually wanted to play (& did, pretty reasonably); & we looked more competent as a defensive unit when not in possession - but as an attacking force? We were predictable; unsupportive of the player on the ball; midfield were reluctant to ever bust-a-gut & get in the opposition's box; we lacked any real movement off the ball & thus struggled to create any clear-cut chances...

So is it really any wonder that we drew another blank again tonight? I know what I think. We've got real problems, and I hope to God the management get it sorted: & bloody sharpish.

Not good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here