Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Test cricket. England-v-Pakistan.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's just been edged straight to where first slip should have been.

"should"? In a test match? Ridiculous.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm, two wickets at the end of the day here....

Pakistan 96 ahead with 7 down, 3 balls left in the day.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Good fightback today. If we can finish them off before luch tomorrow with the lead no higher than 130ish then we are still not outof this by any stretch. Provided we bad sensibly 2nd innings. Given ourslves a chance to save this now. I dont think winning it is totally out of the question. They are still in the box seat just.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
At least for England's sake it's not only Matt Prior that thinks it's a good idea to expose the tail to the last 5 balls of the final over of the day. Pakistan do the same, England get that wicket and leave the field believing.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
That lack of a second spinner is showing now the ball is old. Anderson was only ever going to be effective whilst the ball was new and Tremlett relies on a bit of pace.

We miss Bresnan massively and as soon as he was unavailable the Panesar option should have been taken. Easy runs now.

I actually think it is more a case of as soon as Bresnan was unavailable, the Paneasr option went. England could have got away with dropping Morgan, with Prior at 6, Bresnan at 7, Broad 8 and Swann 9.

However once Bresnan went, if they had gone in with 5 bowlers, the tail would have included Anderson, Finn / Tremellet and Monty, which would have been a big risk.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eng 25/1 after being 146 behind on the first innings.

Anyone seen the Strauss "dismissal" yet? Would you have given it?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Pakistan have played well this morning. Sticking with the seamers when everyone is talking about spin is a smart tactical move, and we're struggling before Ajmal's hardly bowled a ball!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Very poor shot from Cook. Can't see England getting the 400 we need now as the spinners will keep on taking wickets. Reckon we'll get 300 tops.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Good shot Pietersen you f***ing SPASTIC. :nono:

They've had to get Ajmal on, as there aren't going to be any wickets left to take the way Gul is bowling!

How many times have we seen KP gift his wicket in these situations, brain dead.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They've had to get Ajmal on, as there aren't going to be any wickets left to take the way Gul is bowling!

How many times have we seen KP gift his wicket in these situations, brain dead.
Gutless, IMO. Sometimes just unwilling to grind out the first hour and play his way into an innings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here