Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco's Ginger card

hoopy

Dec 15, 2009
My local library does! Couched as "artistic and cutting edge humour" - but they do. Tried Tesco.com, but they don't sell cards online so I can't give you a suitable link.

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/gaygiftshop
Order of St. Nick Funny Christmas Cards and Alternative Greetings - Home

Even Hallmark take the mickey out of ugly people....Christmas card - Christmas Cards - Seasonal Cards - Funny Cards - Greeting Cards - Hallmark UK

So try and see the funny side, it's just an amusing Christmas card that some ugly old munter has taken "offence" to so that she gets five minutes of fame, she will probably appear on Jeremy Kyle to accuse three different ginger blokes of fathering her kids, and then she will swan off into the distance in her own personal cloud of piss-smelling fog.

you seem to know an awful lot about her, even how she smells, and you are taking this all VERY seriously.... did she hurt you? doesn't she let you see the kids anymore?

you can tell us... honest ;)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I can think of two particular cards (they have both been sent to me) that make a mockery out of hearing issues. I guess some people are uptight and will get easily upset by something like that and some will go further and try and cash in on the 'exclusive'.

Incidentally, why are gingers targetted? Obviously they are a minority group, but strange nonetheless.

I am sure there are plenty of 'blonde' cards and so on...

hoopy

Dec 15, 2009
would it be better / worse, if each hair colur was represented?

and why stop there..:bla:

it wouldn't be better or worse but it would be pointless "santa loves all children, even brunettes" wouldn't make sense, the joke relies on the acceptance that ginger people are less desirable than all others.

there isn't that general acceptance with other hair colours.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
you seem to know an awful lot about her, even how she smells, and you are taking this all VERY seriously.... did she hurt you? doesn't she let you see the kids anymore?

you can tell us... honest ;)

I refer you to post number 74. Do try to keep up...

hoopy

Dec 15, 2009
I refer you to post number 74. Do try to keep up...

I can't remember what you said in post 74... was that where you said

"Davinia I love you... pleeeeaaaaseee take me back, I miss the girls so much, seeing my flesh and blood in the paper and not being able to hold them tears me in two, I hate myself for that fling with Jackie Bird, but you know I've never been able to resist the lure of a redheaded beauty"

was it? i'll go and check :wink:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
it wouldn't be better or worse but it would be pointless "santa loves all children, even brunettes" wouldn't make sense, the joke relies on the acceptance that ginger people are less desirable than all others.

there isn't that general acceptance with other hair colours.

Zacly

I'm not getting all precious over it BUT it's discriminating against a whole section of people in a way that deliberately and provocatively alienates them. It isn't the same thing to poke fun at old people because essentially everyone gets old, it's a part of life. You have to be born ginger, just like you have to be born black or Asian or white. And it isn't acceptable to judge people on the colour of their skin so why so the natural colour of their hair?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
So what about cards taking the piss out of blonde people? Is that alright to do then?

hoopy

Dec 15, 2009
So what about cards taking the piss out of blonde people? Is that alright to do then?

if you are Bernard Manning probably, and you don't mind your humour boring, irrelevant to the 21st century and banking on the fact people want to rebel against overt political correctness then it's probably fine

if you want an actually funny joke then probably not no...

erutluv 2

Banned
Nov 24, 2009
"Miss Philips said: “If it had been about a black child or an overweight child the store would have been shut down by now. Because they are such a big company I am disappointed they would sell something like that. They should be aware of what’s going on their shelves.” "

Bollocks you ugly old ginger munter. There is a reason no one wants to shag the fifth member of Girls Aloud. There is a reason that the ginger bird is always left over at the end of the night. She has handicapped her daughters by bringing them into the world as gingers, her best option is to either shave their heads or dye their hair (as she has clearly tried to do, so proud of being a "stinks-of-piss" ginger that she is.).

What a sad f***ing wanker you are :US:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I couldn't give a flying f*** about what Tescos stock.

What alarms me more is what people on here think it is acceptable to say "in jest" about aother person. Have you no respect, can you not see past the colour of someones hair or skin?

A joke is a joke, but there is no humour to be found in bigging yourself up whilst treading on someone else. Thats all it is - you have't anything in your sad little lives to feel good about so pick on someone for something as ridiculous as the colour of their hair. Hilarious.

Well said, tedebear, the best post on here by a country kilometre.

It's not about being PC or non-PC, nor is it about having a sense of humour or not, it is about having respect and not being a bully.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Well said, tedebear, the best post on here by a country kilometre.

It's not about being PC or non-PC, nor is it about having a sense of humour or not, it is about having respect and not being a bully.

It all depends on which way you look at things, I totally agree about NOT being a bully and also about having respect, but if everything was to be considered in life, there would just about be NO jokes, No fun in this world.

A world, I might add, which is not a perfect one, not perfect by a country Kilometre.

And in my opinion, all this woman has done is 2 things, 1) got her 15 minutes of fame......... 2) given Tescos some absolute brilliant TOTALLY FREE publicity !!

I also think she will regret her actions in time to come, going on public TV over something like this, is not always the best thing to do, from a long term point of view, quite ofton these silly things come back and haunt you.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
What a sad f***ing wanker you are :US:

Thank you. From the man with two accounts (at least), I will take that as a compliment. Next time, you might like to trouble at least three of your redundant brain cells to come up with a better riposte, unless this is the best you can manage. Which, sadly, I think is possibly the case.

Are you blonde?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
four-poofs-and-a-piano-2004-september.jpg

I sat near Lord Bracknell during the Clchester game and there was a guy sitting right behind him, by himself, shouting various funny and slightly abusive comments at the stewards, oppo, anyone who came near. The guy did look like this. Was it Dave the Gaffer or Granny W or are they one and the same or is there another FP&AP clone at Withdean? Can anyone clear this up?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I sat near Lord Bracknell during the Clchester game and there was a guy sitting right behind him, by himself, shouting various funny and slightly abusive comments at the stewards, oppo, anyone who came near. The guy did look like this. Was it Dave the Gaffer or Granny W or are they one and the same or is there another FP&AP clone at Withdean? Can anyone clear this up?

The shouting of funny and slightly abusive remarks at oppo, stewards, other fans does sound like Dave.

I thought he went dancing now though rather than going to the match.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As for Chappers reporting me - blow me! If I get a ban for laughing at gingers, then this board really has died the most incredible fascist death!

Laughing at gingers?

''Bollocks you ugly old ginger munter. There is a reason no one wants to shag the fifth member of Girls Aloud. There is a reason that the ginger bird is always left over at the end of the night. She has handicapped her daughters by bringing them into the world as gingers, her best option is to either shave their heads or dye their hair (as she has clearly tried to do, so proud of being a "stinks-of-piss" ginger that she is.).''

Is what you said. And it's one of the the most offensive things I've seen on this site in ages. I'm a bit pissed off you've not been banned to be honest.

Tosser.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
When I was managing a youth team - I was surprised at the routine unthinking abuse towards anyone with ginger hair. I don't remember it particularly when I was young. But they soon knew it was not going to be tolerated within the team - and I like to think it made them think about what they had been saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here