Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry not guilty

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
But he admitted using those words? What part of that do you fail to understand? In my eyes, using those words constitutes racism.

Yeah I think the blokes a complete scrote, but I think it's time to draw a line under things, the courts have. I disagree with the decision but the decision stands.

So was your post racist?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
If Terry has no punishment from the FA, what do Liverpool do over the Saurez situation ?

Unbelievable that he has 'got off'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Our legal system is such a mess, it's just depressing.

I totally agree. Any system which finds Redknapp and John Terry innocent is lacking and clearly flawed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But he admitted using those words? What part of that do you fail to understand? In my eyes, using those words constitutes racism.

Yeah I think the blokes a complete scrote, but I think it's time to draw a line under things, the courts have. I disagree with the decision but the decision stands.

YOU WERE NOT IN COURT AND DIDN'T HEAR ALL THE EVIDENCE ETC AT ALL - YOU'RE JUST GOING ON THE SENSATIONALIST BITS THE PAPERS PICK OUT!

He said he said the words as repitition back to Ferdinand disn't he? So no, if he was indeed repeating it back to take the piss it's not at all racist. But we shall never know - I'm sure the jury heard a lot more than us. You were wrong to label an inocent man guilty WEEKS ago (in another thread)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
whatever you think of JT or even of Capello as a manager, this vindicates Capello for wanting to keep his "innocent until proven guilty" captain, and for walking away when the FA pandered to media attention.

this
and whatever is said justice HAS been done
and those acusing bastards at the FA should look to their own organisation and those further afield

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I totally agree. Any system which finds Redknapp and John Terry innocent is lacking and clearly flawed.

I know this will be you saying you're 'trying to get a rise' so won't enter into how wrong you were to label someone a racist BEFORE the trial!

SDuprised you're showing your face on here pal! GAME, SET & MATCH SHEEBO :) :) :lol: :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Everyone should be clear that Terry's acquittal is based on insufficient evidence and reasonable doubt. He is proved Not Guilty rather than proved Innocent. There is a subtle difference.

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
And you sound so classy.............

Well i have done barely any of the stuff the Terry family has done, sleeping around with team mates partners/ ex partners no morals so yeah I would get more respect than them, i'm no angel but have never done any of the stuff that they have

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Everyone should be clear that Terry's acquittal is based on insufficient evidence and reasonable doubt. He is proved Not Guilty rather than proved Innocent. There is a subtle difference.

You are innocent until proven guilty.

He has not been proven guilty. Therefore he is innocent.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
he apposite bits of the judge's summing up are:

Even with all the help the court has received from television footage, expert lip readers, witnesses and indeed counsel, it is impossible to be sure exactly what were the words spoken by Mr Terry at the relevant time. It is impossible to be sure exactly what was said to him at the relevant time by Mr Ferdinand.It is not only that all of this happened in a matter of seconds. For a small part of the relevant time the camera's view of Mr Terry was obstructed. We do not have a clear camera view of Mr Ferdinand, sufficient to pick up exactly what he said. No matter how serious the incident looks now, and how crucial the exact wording is now, at the time it was secondary to the key witnesses.

It is a crucial fact that nobody has given evidence that they heard what Mr Terry said or more importantly how he said it. He has given effectively the same account throughout. Insofar as there are discrepancies in his account, they are understandable and natural. He says that he was himself wrongly accused by Mr Ferdinand on the pitch of calling him a black c***. He has maintained that from the beginning.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
YOU WERE NOT IN COURT AND DIDN'T HEAR ALL THE EVIDENCE ETC AT ALL - YOU'RE JUST GOING ON THE SENSATIONALIST BITS THE PAPERS PICK OUT!

He said he said the words as repitition back to Ferdinand disn't he? So no, if he was indeed repeating it back to take the piss it's not at all racist. But we shall never know - I'm sure the jury heard a lot more than us. You were wrong to label an inocent man guilty WEEKS ago (in another thread)

there was no jury it was a magistrate (the head magistrate in the country) but if you are interested in what he (the magistrate) said I have posted his reasoning on page 1

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

No there's not. You are Innocent until proven guilty. If this was in Scotland they would have the option of 'not proven' but its not so we don't. so as guilt has not been proved, he can only be not guilty

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the thing here that upsets me is the stance of the FA
they have been downright angry with Terry and lost Capello in the process ........but when it comes to standing up to FIFA when the England players are abused by foreign fans they meekly go and have a word ...........and this is not including the Suarez mess
If something was said that might be considered as racist then the FA might like to start clamping down on Sunday league football ....hang on a minute thats not going to happen is it ...................whats said or shouted on a football pitch should stay on that football pitch...Mr Blatter got that one right!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Well i have done barely any of the stuff the Terry family has done, sleeping around with team mates partners/ ex partners no morals so yeah I would get more respect than them, i'm no angel but have never done any of the stuff that they have
Yes I often wonder what they should do with someone who has form for hitting women, had an affair for years with his BROTHERS wife, then had another affair with a minor celebrity that he tried to hush up, completely humiliating his wife in the process, step forward Ryan Giggs Great Britain olympic captan, perhaps its the parking in a disabled space that makes John Terry such a worse person.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Yes I often wonder what they should do with someone who has form for hitting women, had an affair for years with his BROTHERS wife, then had another affair with a minor celebrity that he tried to hush up, completely humiliating his wife in the process, step forward Ryan Giggs Great Britain olympic captan, perhaps its the parking in a disabled space that makes John Terry such a worse person.

did he .................bastard

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hang on a minute [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION], this can't be right. Your white working class hero has been found not guilty, yet Anton Ferdinand is a BLACK man. I thought everything was weighted in favour of non-white people? ???

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

How many times are you going to say that? It in no way excuses Terry for anything he has ever done. We all know you like Chelsea, it's getting a bit old now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here