Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terry not guilty

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Just waiting for my mobile to go off with a JT joke text...

*tapping fingers on desk

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So, let me get this right.... it was actually Anton Ferdinand calling John Terry a "B***k c**t" then? And he was "sarcastically" repeating it back......righto..

If thats what you think you havent really looked at what terry's defence was have you ? Much easier to just base your verdict on what you THINK might have happened and your dislike of john terry eh ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
can you explain it to me then because I'm a bit lost!!! He said those words, so how can he be found not guilty?

I'd imagine they looked into it a bit..........

People like you who called him a 'racist' simply cos you've decided you don't like the bloke were out of order and the not guilty verdict shows why. Never pre-judge people. Lesson learnt.

Where's Herr whats his face as well - seem to remember weeks ago him doing something similar...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I hold no brief for Terry but it was the right decision. If he'd just walked up to a black guy in the street and screamed it in his face without any provocation, then yeah, that could be described as racist. But having followed the, rather depressing, case it's patently obvious that BOTH parties are *****. Childish, schoolboy *****. Terry's a white **** and Ferdinand's a black ****, no more, no less.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
now for the FA "investigation" !! Wonder if he will get banned as he admitted to using those words "sarcastically" :nono:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I'd imagine they looked into it a bit..........

People like you who called him a 'racist' simply cos you've decided you don't like the bloke were out of order and the not guilty verdict shows why. Never pre-judge people. Lesson learnt.

Where's Herr whats his face as well - seem to remember weeks ago him doing something similar...

But he admitted using those words? What part of that do you fail to understand? In my eyes, using those words constitutes racism.

Yeah I think the blokes a complete scrote, but I think it's time to draw a line under things, the courts have. I disagree with the decision but the decision stands.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As a result of this various players have taken sides with Terry or Ferdinand and don't want anything to do with the other lot. The whole thing is a mess.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Right so can we or can we not sing "you know what you are" to him next month, I guess not.

We will just have to sing "you'll never get a Saturday" instead

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Context is a very interesting thing.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Has either of them out of interest or is there any intention to get them to apologise publicly for the way they conducted themselves on the pitch in terms of their language? Agree with what has been said on here about role models and whether people like it or not, kids look up to them. I realise that this is clearly the way a large number of footballers on the pitch behave and am not naïve enough to think that is likely to change any time soon. However, given the public nature of this dispute, I think it would be nice if they made a very clear statement that they were ashamed. I'd quite like them to cry as well while they do it.

Zamora For England

Sep 27, 2006
Hurstpierpoint
What annoys me most are the blinkered Man Utd-turned Chelsea fan spouting off on Facebook/Twitter... "wot an inspirashunal captin I new you wasn't guilty ONE INGLIND CAPTAIN CFC 4EVER" GO AWAY

Last edited:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I cant believe Chelsea have given him the week off now. Nice one.

Yoda

English & European
I hold no brief for Terry but it was the right decision. If he'd just walked up to a black guy in the street and screamed it in his face without any provocation, then yeah, that could be described as racist. But having followed the, rather depressing, case it's patently obvious that BOTH parties are *****. Childish, schoolboy *****. Terry's a white **** and Ferdinand's a black ****, no more, no less.

Completely spot on. If anything, JT is being politically correct. Now if he had used the n word, or something similar, then yes he's a racist ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here