Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
R I P,perhaps a collection at the mansfield game for his family

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is really shit news. Another one who won't make it to Falmer. Baker, DeVecchi, Cutress et al, I hope you're very proud.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Awful news, R.I.P:(

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Minutes silence saturday please Dick.

I saw him collapse, horrible sight, RIP.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The ambulance men were holding up blankets to give him some privacy but people were still going over to gawp.

Minutes silence saturday please Dick.

I saw him collapse, horrible sight, RIP.
Indeed. This was distressing not just for his family, but for all of us who are moved by the fact that life is not as secure as we'd like it to be.

But I'm not sure that a minute's silence is the right thing in this particular instance. Most of us didn't know the guy and have no personal thoughts about him that we wish to bring to mind during a public ceremony to mark his passing.

There are many ways to deal with death. Let's find another one to mark this particular occasion, rather than shoe-horn it into a format that was designed for quite different circumstances.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Albion Fans are dying all the time, we don't do minutes silence for them, or get collections for them. As sad as this is, we are only discussing this because this poor chap died on his way to a match.

A memoriam to all those who passed away whilst waiting for Falmer might be more appropriate.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
RIP, Lets win the game for him Saturday.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It was a pretty grim sight, seeing the sheets and the police and that standing around them, could just about see a stretcher (not that I really wanted to see but you know), and as we walk past could here them using defibrillators.

I can't see why a minute's silence wouldn't be appropriate, he died right outside the ground. I don't usually go in for all this mass grief over any death, but there needs to be some sort of tribute in this case surely?

Anyway, RIP :ascarf:

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Grand-daughter's comment from the Argus -

"My Grandad, Bill Thwaites, was an avid Brighton supporter who, had gone to every home game since before I was born. He was a great sportsman, still playing football and cricket until the day he sadly passed away. We will miss him hugely, and would like to say thank you to all of you who have left their condolences."

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
yes, we all passed by as the screens were up.
you couldn't help but hope he would be ok during the game.
really sorry to hear he couldn't be resusitated.

R.I.P. fellow albion fan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here