Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible Sight Outisde Ground

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
What a horrible start to the New Year for this poor guy, I hope he is ok and my thoughts are with his family/friends who had to witness his treatment

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It is awful for all but, if I had to go, apart from peacefully home in bed then at an Albion game would be how I'd like it.

I hope there'll be a memorial to those who don't make it to Falmer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
He has died unfortunately. Thoughts and prayers for his family.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/display.var.1936130.0.fan_dies_before_albion_match.php

A football fan collapsed and died outside Withdean stadium just minutes before Albion kicked off their new year's day match.

The Albion fan, a 67-year-old man from Surrey, collapsed outside the stadium, in Tongdean Lane, Brighton, at about 2.40pm today.

Stewards, police and paramedics went to his aid and tried to resuscitate him. The fan was taken to Royal Sussex County Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
It is believed he was with family members at the time of his collapse.

Eyewitnesses today spoke of their shock at the incident which happened just minutes before Albion's match against Bournemouth.

Albion fan Rick Barber, 30, of Portslade, said: "I walked past and they were trying to resuscitate him.

"Then they put white screens around him so people couldn't see what was happening. It really didn't look good and my heart goes out to his family."

The man's next of kin are being informed and a post-mortem examination will be held this week.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
rip :(

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Dreadful news
I saw the blue lights flashing from my seat in the North Stand but didn't know anything about it till I read it on here.
Poor chap - condolences to the family
Minute's applause on Saturday ?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Dreadful news
I saw the blue lights flashing from my seat in the North Stand but didn't know anything about it till I read it on here.
Poor chap - condolences to the family
Minute's applause on Saturday ?

No, I think as he wasn't a footballer it should be a minutes silence instead.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
What a dreadful start to the New Year. :nono:

RIP and my best wishes to the family

:nono:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Awful news, RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports