Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team v Wrexham?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Need to find a balance of key players needing confidence/fitness (CMS, Barnes, Harley, Vicente) getting gametime, without risking them to injury. The likes of Bridcutt, LuaLua & Buckley will probably be rotated as they're too key to the upcoming league games, especially with Noone out, so can see Navarro/Kasim in for Bridcutt and the lopsided one-winger thing making a comeback. Will probably be a very strong bench.

..............Brezovan..............
Vincelot Hall El-Abd Sampayo
...............Navarro...............
........Caskey......Harley........
Buckley.......CMS.......Barnes

Ankergren, Branco(?), Kasim, Sparrow, LuaLua, Vicente, Barker.

Last edited:

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
If he is fit, why not Vicente? Surely an excellent oppty for match fitness. Who else has a chance at coming back from injury? Painter?

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Brezovan
Vincelot El Abd Hall
Buckley Sparrow Bridcutt Forster-Caskey Lua Lua
Mackail-Smith Barnes

Subs:Ankergren, Kasim, Agdestein, Harley, Navarro, Vicente and Simmonds

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

Brezovan
Sampayo~Hall~El-Abd~Vincelot
Bridcutt
Sparrow~Forster-Caskey~Lualua
Buckley~Mackail-Smith​

Bench: Ankergren, Kasim, Sampayo, Vicente, Barnes, Barker, Rodgers.

spot on

Brezovan
El-Abd - Hall - Vincelot
Buckley - (Wing Backs) - LuaLua
Bridcutt
Forster-Caskey - Sparrow
CMS - Barnes

Subs: Ankergren, Sampayo, Navarro, Harley, Barker

If Painter/Calderon are back fit, I expect them to be in instead of Sampayo. Kasim/Rodgers/Simmonds might also replace Harley or Navarro as it's a cup game.

do you know anything about formations, tactics or football in general?

wxmbadger

Dec 13, 2011
i see no point at this stage for us to make any type of cup run - we are beaten up and have banned players in critical positions. Play the reserves let players get healthy and serve bans then back to business for Bristol City on the 14th

In peace, but agree. We should be at full strength and also full of confidence. Whatever team Gus decides to put out I am sure it will be a good game of football. About 2000 tickets sold so far so should make for a good atmosphere too. See you all on Sat :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is dependant on whether Calderon and Painter are fit if so both will play if only 1 Vincelot will be the other full back with Hall and El Abd in the middle.

If fit I would like to see

Brezovan

Vincelot
Hall
El Abd
Painter

Buckley
Bridcutt
Sparrow
JFC

CMS
Hoskins

and hopefully our strikers will score some goals.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Need to find a balance of key players needing confidence/fitness (CMS, Barnes, Harley, Vicente) getting gametime, without risking them to injury. The likes of Bridcutt, LuaLua & Buckley will probably be rotated as they're too key to the upcoming league games, especially with Noone out, so can see Navarro/Kasim in for Bridcutt and the lopsided one-winger thing making a comeback. Will probably be a very strong bench.

sounds good

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England

this is my team too, fantastic!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
------------Brezovan

Vincelot - Hall - El Abd - Painter
--------------Bridcutt--------------
-----JFC------------------Sparrow
---------------Harley--------------
----------Barnes----CMS---------

Bench (7 for fa cup?)

Ankergen, Sampayo, Navarro, Vicente, Lua Lua, Buckley, Barker

Poyet said Lua Lua and Buckley were knackered.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
------------Brezovan

Vincelot - Hall - El Abd - Painter
--------------Bridcutt--------------
-----JFC------------------Sparrow
---------------Harley--------------
----------Barnes----CMS---------

Bench (7 for fa cup?)

Ankergen, Sampayo, Navarro, Vicente, Lua Lua, Buckley, Barker

Poyet said Lua Lua and Buckley were knackered.

Ill be very dissapointed if Harley gets to start. Buckley and Lua are knackered precisely because they havent had enough game time. This is exactly the game to get players nearer proper match fitness.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I would be surprised to see CMS start. I think he could do with a rest and I would wish to avoid the chance of an injury. I expect him to be on the bench.

I think him and Barnes need a game with a chance to boost their confidence. A goal or three from one (or both) of them could reignite their goalscoring in the Championship.
In theory.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Brezovan
Sampayo~Hall~El-Abd~Vincelot
Bridcutt
Sparrow~Forster-Caskey~Lualua
Barnes~Mackail-Smith​

Bench: Ankergren, Kasim, Simmonds, Vicente, Buckley, Barker, Rodgers.

Balance of youngsters with experience to come off the bench if it's not going the right way

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am sure Gus will want to keep the momentum of Monday going and will field a string side, I fully expect to see Caldy or Painter back in the side, both are training so i expect them to be involved. I think he will rest Lua Lua as he appeared to have a knock and I expect barnes to start in a 442 formation. It would not surprise me at all to see Harley start as well and dont be surprised to see Narvarro start as a makeshift CB if Painter or Caldy are not involved.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
Exactly. Also we have been on a horrid run, barely shooting, not scoring. Wins = confidence. Beat Wrexham, we have more confidence v Bristol City (a team below us), beat them, then we have momentum going into Palace game (via Peterborough)

Only Vincelot and El Abd are first team defenders left available...

10% this

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here