Team v Wrexham?

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
My guess.

Brezovan
Sampayo (or another DS player) - El Abd - Hall - Vincelot
Buckley - Sparrow - JFC - Harley - Lua Lua
Barnes​

Subs - Ankergren/Walker - Navarro - Bridcutt - CMS - Barker - Kasim - Vicente (surely will get half an hour AT LEAST)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gus has openly said it will be a weakened side (BBC this morning), the teams suggested here are far too strong IMO, reckon we'll see a lot more from the dev squad.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Got my ticket earlier and I hope Gus plays a fairly strong team as I think Wrexham are dangerous opponents. The FA Cup is always special and hopefully we can have another good run this season.

Dec 4, 2011
Wrexham not full strength

Strange situation for me - wife born in Brighton as were our sons,we now live in North Wales and supported Wrexham for years.
We've got a few injuries, including both our target men up front. It's been referenced on here somewhere that they expect Wrexham to be very physical coming from Non League, yes you have to mix it up in that league but we do try and play football.
Without Pogba and Wright up front we may well struggle to score. Have got alot of pace down the right, players who like to pass in midfield and a solid back four - in that league at least.
Beware of the Beast, becoming a legend at Wrexham i.e. Mark Creighton.
We will bring over 2000 fans, should be a great atmosphere.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No LuaLua, as he has been given the weekend off and is heading to Newcastle to see his friends+family, and to die his hair BLONDE.

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Without Pogba and Wright up front we may well struggle to score. Have got alot of pace down the right, players who like to pass in midfield and a solid back four - in that league at least.
Beware of the Beast, becoming a legend at Wrexham i.e. Mark Creighton.
We will bring over 2000 fans, should be a great atmosphere.

So two big target men upfront (we've hardly got the tallest defence), pace down the right (pray tarrico and painter arent at LB) and a beast (i'm guessing midfield, which is exactly what we're lacking), going to make a good game!

Think gus will use this as an opportunity to rest a few, Buckley and Lualua will be on the bench IMO, as with Vicente. If we have have enough replacements bridcutt could do with a rest too. CMS is a tricky one, does he need a rest or a few goals. By resting him he could feel refreshed, (dont think he's missed a game this season and played for scotland too during the international break) but thats for gus to decide in training. Barnes and Vincelot are almost certain to play coming back from the bans need match fitness, and goals (barnes).

Don't understand the point in rushing people back from injury, why play hoskins/painter/calderon etc and then they have further set backs, we'll need them for the championship games coming up. Would like to see a few of the development squad blooded in.

Brez
Vincelot El-Abd Hall Sampayo
Navarro
Sparrow Harley JFC
Barnes Agdestein/CMS

Bench: Lualua, buckley or any other first team if fit, and the rest Development squad
And to finish off, haven't seen a post on it yet, but Roland Bergkamp anyone??

:albion2::amex:

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Brezovan
Bridcutt El Abd Hall Vincelot
Lua Lua Oatway Poyet Forster-Caskey
Barnes Mackail-Smith

ought to do it...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
After Gus' comments, I reckon:

--------------Brezovan--------------

Vincelot----Hall--El-Abd-----Sampayo

-----Rodgers--------Kasim----------

---------Forster-Caskey------------

-----------------------Simmonds---

-----Agdestein----Barnes-----------

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
After Gus' comments, I reckon:

--------------Brezovan--------------

Vincelot----Hall--El-Abd-----Sampayo

-----Rodgers--------Kasim----------

---------Forster-Caskey------------

-----------------------Simmonds---

-----Agdestein----Barnes-----------

With Vicente, Ankergren, Mackail-Smith, Harley, Bridcutt, [Dev-squad defender] and Sparrow on the bench? Or Lualua instead of Harley if he's not in Newcastle on Saturday.

Dec 4, 2011
4-3-3

We've got a few players who can obviously play at a higher level, be interested to see your thoughts after Sat, good stage for these guys to demonstrate their skills. We normally play with 3 out and out strikers, this will change Sat.By the way the Beast plays central defence, not much height in midfield with 2 of our guys in the Brian Flynn mould.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Gus has already said that he will let the fans know in advance if he is going to field a youth / reserves team so they have the chance to decline attending.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Brezovan

Strong - Hall - El-Abd - Vincelot
Navarro
Sparrow - Forster-Caskey
Harley
Barnes - Mackail-Smith

Subs: Ankergren, Calderon, Bridcutt, Rodgers, Kasim, Buckley, Agdestein.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
f*** knows, but Wrexham look a terrific punt at 6-1 against a side with only two established defenders fit.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Just a note - The second round match is a few days before a certain match in some shithole.....if we do win a nice easy home draw again would be lovely.

Just imagine if we get a home draw in the 4th Round against palarse. Two games against them in 4 days!! ( presuming we both get through ).

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
bring on vicente!!!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Just imagine if we get a home draw in the 4th Round against palarse. Two games against them in 4 days!! ( presuming we both get through ).

Sussex Police would have a fit XD

I hope we play a reasonably strong squad against Wrexham, they've got a history of being giant-killers...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Gus has already said that he will let the fans know in advance if he is going to field a youth / reserves team so they have the chance to decline attending.

He has let us know this, said it today on BBC, he will be fielding a weakened side v Wrexham, hope it's not too weak, I want to go further this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here