Big Sam
CMS

subs
Anchorman
Dunky
Nooney
The Dagger
The Viking

I like the look of that except Buckley would feature if fit. Don't think Gus will drop Barnes either. Will be interesting if Sparrow regains his place having been in good form prior to his suspension and whether Razak starts or comes off the bench. Maybe even a Razak & Sparrow combo if Bridders gets rested (but hope not as he has had some brilliant games of late). Maybe all three might play together as I suspect Gus will be conservative after Sunday and load up our midfield to hold Hull off. Would like to see JFC involved again but suspect Gus won't select him. Will be good to have Reyes and Mattock at the back. The other main issue is who is chosen as keeper.

I think Hull will really fancy their chances, come at us hard and pepper our goal. I hope the pace of KLL and CMS will catch them on the break. While I hope we come home with at least a point I also want to see a clean(ish) sheet to get us back on form.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
................... Brezovan ....................

Reyes ..... Greer .... Dunk .... Mattock

................ Bridcutt .................

Buckley ......... Razak ......... Lua Lua

...............CMS......... Vokes ....................

Rubber Dubs

Ankergren
El-Adb
Vicente
Toby
Assulin

But obviously that wont happen, because Barnes will have to feature somewhere

seagullsdaz

May 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm getting hacked off with team selections off late! All i want to see is Vokes and CMS up front for at least an hour! Then you can bring Barnes on if you must Poyet!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Lots of 4-4-2 here but we seem to play one up front so in reality it will be Vokes in the lone role. We really do need to look at the loan players early, as much as I like Bridcutt and Navarro we do lack height in the centre of the pitch and get out muscled.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Sure Brez made some mistakes, but our defence was none existent in the second half. A million times more a safer pair of hands than Casper.

Yesterday proved to me that we need CMS back. Whilst Barnes and Vokes have deserved their starts, having no CMS in the first half and majority of the second meant that there was no one to stretch Liverpool or have any spark of ingenuity. Razak in for Navarro too. Navs plays the easy balls well enough, but he hasn't any creativity.

ze german commentary (which was very good and amazingly well informed) kept mentioning brez as our only weak link ... oh and he couldnt say hove either --- lol
brighton and half albion

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No one on the Wing ?

Is Assulin injured or has everyone forgotten him ?

Don't believe it. He is not as good as Kazenga or Will Buckley. But if he could score goals he might be better than No one.

In other words, he has gotta make as the new Peter Ward! That will take him 22 seconds on his debut then!

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Brezovan

Reyes
Greer
El-Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Sparrow
Razak
LuaLua

Assulin

Mackail-Smith

Bench: Ankergren, Vincelot, Vokes, Noone, Vicente

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Think Razak may start, but can't see Assulin for a second. They'll have barely trained with us at all, think bench is more likely. Would be surprised to see Brez dropped also.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Brezovan

Reyes
Greer
El-Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Sparrow
Razak
LuaLua

Assulin

Mackail-Smith

I'd go with this but I fear it's a tad too offensive for Gus's liking

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Don't believe it. He is not as good as Kazenga or Will Buckley. But if he could score goals he might be better than No one.

In other words, he has gotta make as the new Peter Ward! That will take him 22 seconds on his debut then!

Eh?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Brezovan

Reyes
Greer
El-Abd
Mattock

Buckley
Sparrow
Razak
LuaLua

Assulin

Mackail-Smith

i like, but surley Bridcutt has to be part of that squad, he is our most consistent performer and away from home is exceptional with his breaking up play style. I would also starts Vokes as opposed to the new guy. Not really done a lot wrong and does win the headers.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Brez

Reyes
Greer
Dunk
Mattock

Bridcutt
Razzak
Sparrow
Buckley

Vokes
CMS

VERY CLOSE MR BURNS :)

This is very very good. Is buckley fit? if not then KLL and I am well chuffed with that!!

EDIT: Sorry just looked at the defence, DUNK needs a break, looks off the pace and appears to have other things on his mind, which you cant blame him for. Needs to be taken out of the lime light for a few weeks. Replace him with big Adam and Im happy. We have cover there now.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Toby Agdestein in the team for vertical runs down the channels?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtIAhX5xhLs

There is a bit where the defenders should work together. The full backs should work with the central defenders (my addition). In this respect I think Calderon, Reyes and Painter are out best full backs.

I don't think the video is entirely right as the attacking midfielder can run across the opposing defence looking for a gap or shooting. e.g. Chopra.

So the back four of:

Calderon Dunk Greer and Reyes.

Last edited:

ssbhafc22

Sep 22, 2011
GK - Gonzalez
RB - Reyes
LB - Mattock
CB - Greer
CB - Elabd
CDM - Navarro
RM - Assulin
LM - LuaLua
CAM - Barnes
CAM - Razak
ST - CMS

Subs: Brezovan, Dunk, Noone, Vokes, Agdestein

Mackerboy

Sep 20, 2011
Wow we have got a lot of choice.
For me even though we are away go for

--------------------brez------------------------
Reyes---greer------dunk-------mattock

Lua lua---rasak------bridcutt-----noone

------------cms---------vokes------------

Subs,el-abd,Barnes,vincente,assulin,Buckley .

Yes it's tricky but it's time for cms and vokes to be given there chance

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hate him or otherwise, Andy Naylor is a lot closer to the club than anyone on here. On his Q&A session today he commented that he thinks CMS is becoming dispirited at his treatment (in the side/out of the side/back in/back out again). That is the last thing I think we need to be hearing right now.

He seems to think Razak will start tomorrow with Assulin on the bench but makes no mention of Vicente (then again, just for once, no-one asked a question about him).

I was just working my way back to being positive but he has pissed me right off again :(

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
RIDICULOUS the amount of people leaving El Abd out. He has been PHENOMENAL for about 18 months now, whenever he's had the chance. Has to be him and Greer as first choice centre back pairing, now that Reyes and Mattock are back. That's the back 4.

El Abd is a better defender than Dunk right now.

For me, the only players who should always play when fit are:

Greer
El Abd
Bridcutt
Buckley (just, has the occasional poor game)
Vicente (obviously)

every other place is up for grabs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here